Chapter 30

We all grin at each other. This will be a night to remember. The guys all sleeping over..... It'll definitely be interesting.... Then Mitch comes over and gives me a hug.

    "What was that for?" I ask, hugging him back.

    "Nothing, I just felt like it." He replies into my shoulder. Preston immediately does the same thing, and Dash sighs.

     "So.... What do you all want to do?" Unicity asks.

     "OOOOH!!!!! A MOVIE!!!!!" Peony yells, jumping up and down with anticipation. We all shake out heads in agreement. Just as we are about to decide on which movie to watch, the lights flicker and then go out completely. While they were flickering, Mitch ran over and shielded me from anything that might happen. I guess I didn't notice it because I was trying to come up for a solution for it. Peony starts shrieking and Adam goes over to comfort her. She then quickly quiets down (thank goodness) and leaves us all in an awkward silence. Mitch uncovers me, just holds me against his chest and strokes my hair.

     "I couldn't forgive myself if anything was to happen to you." He says, giving me a kiss on my forehead. I nod, and then hug him back. Why would he....?

     "Soooo.... What do we do now?" I ask into the darkness. Well, dark-ish. I can see everything fine. Maybe it's a side effect of having wings and magic? Or maybe it's because Mitch is here. Nah, probably not that. But it helps....

     "Let's go get some candles." Dash suggests.

     "Good idea!" I say, and "untangle" myself from Mitch.

     "I'm coming too!" Mitch volunteers, looking at me.

     "I'll be fine. It's just candles...." I say, and I motion to Dash. "Plus I'll have Dash." Then we turn and head to the supply closet.

     "Hey, where'd you guys go?" Peony asks, feeling around in the dark.

     "You can't see us?" I ask, confused.

     "No, its pitch black for me." She says. Jackie and Unicity agree. Well, I guess it's the wings then. I guess in case you're flying in the dark.....?

     "Well, let us do it then." Flit says, and nods to Dash. We then take all the candles and fly back. I land next to Mitch and put them all down. Using my magic, I light the first one. I put it in a cup, and then continue with Flit and Dash and put them throughout the room. We save a few in case we need to go anywhere else in the house. I guess we were lucky to have enough. There is about one and a half lit, and the other six for walking around. I then gather the matches and head back to the kitchen to put them away. As I fly back, I see that the candles give the room a creepy look. Even Flit's stuffed animals look scary. THAT says a lot. Then all of us get up and grab all the blankets and pillows, and the room doesn't look as scary anymore. Phew - what a relief!

     "BOO!" someone yells, and we all scream, including the boys. Then we all turn and look to see who it was. Turns out, it was Adam. Classic Adam......

     "Adam, what are you doing?" Peony yells. He just smiles. Then the boys faces get serious. They all look at each other and nod. Wait - what's going on? Rob and Jerome sigh.

     "You want to go first?" Rob asks Jerome.

     "Sure," he groans. Then he turns to Jackie.

     "Jackie, I've known you for a while...." He starts.

     "Jerome, I already know." Jackie grins and gives him a kiss on the cheek. She turns to Rob. "Robert Latsky, you sure aren't Jerome, but I'd be proud to be your girlfriend." She adds, blushing as he smiles and gives her a hug. Wait - WHAT? Did I hear the right? Flit goes over by Jerome, and turns red.