Chapter 33

When I wake up, the last thing I expect to see is that it's still dark outside. Sadly, it's true. Without realizing it, I look over to my left to check what time it is. Oh wait - we don't have any power. Reeeeeeal good, Twi. Nice job. You are such an idiot.

     Next to me, Mitch sighs in his sleep. I smile, but my thoughts are rudely interrupted by what sounds like a dying walrus. Surveying the room (surveying the scene!!! Ahem... Sorry. Lifeguard joke.) I find out it was just Peony waking up.

Sighing, I take out my phone and turn it on. Looking around, I make sure I'm not bothering anyone else (they're still sleeping) and log in. Let's see.... It's... Five in the morning? Are you serious? Can I not get any sleep? It seems not, so I get out of my sleeping bag and head to the kitchen to get a drink of water. Except.... My wings feel strange. Almost as if I sprained them or something.

Checking behind my back, I see it's just the feathers ruffled and messed up a bit. Okay, messed up a lot. Yay.... I guess I'll have to do some "grooming" later. Not that it's a bad thing, it just takes pretty much forever to get done.

     Taking a sip of some nice, cool water, I look over the room (ALWAYS survey the scene!!!) and find a box of granola bars. Oh wait - they're oat bars. Yesssssss.... I am so lucky to have night vision. Otherwise I'd have never found one of my most favorite snacks!

Silently squealing to myself, I bring the box out to the living room and leave it on a nearby table. Taking one for myself, I head up to my room to do a little "light"reading. AKA reading every single book I own over again.

It is at that time that I remember that I've mastered my magic well enough to get a little light in my room. Or, at least, light a few candles. Laying down on the floor, I arrange the candles in a half circle around me, making sure to get light on every single part of the pages. Now my adventures begin.

     I get through eleven books (not that I was counting or anything) before I hear footsteps

I get through eleven books (not that I was counting or anything) before I hear footsteps. Peeking out of my room, I see two figures walking down the hallway towards me. But.... Wasn't everyone asleep? As they get closer, I realize who was talking towards me. Now I feel stupid.... Running up to them, I surround them both in giant hugs before pulling away.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?" I ask, smiling.

"Mitch invited us. He thought it would be nice for us to finally meet you." Vikk replies, and next to him Lachlan just smiles. So of course he invited Vikklan. After all, who wouldn't? After a few minutes of silence, they notice my wings.

     "So they are real!" Lachlan sighs in awe. Next to him, Vikk just stares at me, not sure what to say.

     "Yeah. They are." I answer. "Sorry for not really grooming them today yet, but this is pretty much what they look like. Just kind of imagine them with neater feathers." I reply to Lachlan's response. Sometimes they can be so unobservant...... I'm not even sure that anyone knows they're here yet. Oh well, they're just going to have to deal with being with me longer. Not that it's a bad thing, of course.