Chapter 14

"Twi? Can I talk to you for a second? Privately?" Rob asks, and my heart starts beating fast. Dash sends me a "ooooh!" look and I start giggling. Then I tuck in my wings and walk away from the rest of the group. On my way to Rob a paper airplane hits me in the back. I stop walking and open it to a picture of me and Rob in a heart. This was TOTALLY Dash's work. I turn around and give her a death stare, then walk over to Rob.

        "Yeah?" I ask, seeming more confident then I actually am.

        "Look, Twi. I don't appreciate you lying to me. First your wings. Second, your friends, and third, your magic. I think it would be better if we just leave each other alone. I don't want to see you for a while Twi, so get out of here." Rob says. I bury my face in my hands and run away crying. I can hear someone running after me but I am too sad and embarrassed to turn around and talk. I run into the house, go up the stairs, and slam the door closed to my temporary room. I use my magic to lock the door and hold it in place and then bury my face in a pillow on my bed and start wailing.

A few minutes later, I hear a series of knocks on the door but I don't want to open it. I just sit there and sniffle. "Twi? Can I come in?" I hear Dash ask, but I make no move to let her in. I'd rather be alone right now. I silently walk over to the bookshelf, on the verge of more tears, and make a stack of books. Maybe they will help get my mind off of - I start wailing again and I can't help it. No one's ever told me something like that before, and of all people it was Rob! And he actually meant what he said! This is even his house that I'm staying in! What if he kicks me out? What if I have to go home without my friends? What if.... Could this day get any worse? I walk to my bed and restack the books in the order I want to read them. Then I open the first book and start reading.

     A while later, I hear a scream from outside my window

A while later, I hear a scream from outside my window. I open the blinds (I closed them in fear of anyone outside seeing me through the window) and look out. I see a movement overhead and Dash plummets past my window. I yank open the window and jump out, wings trying to steady me yet trying to get me to Dash. I plummet to the ground too, my arms still reaching for Dash. Then I level myself and reach one last time.

        "Hold on Dash!!!" I scream and catch her right before she hits the ground. *Whew!* That was close. Almost too close. I then race upward with Dash in my arms and shoot through my room's window. I know Preston saw me but I hope that's it. I don't want to see Rob after what happened. I sniffle and lay Dash down on my bed. Apparently, while I was racing out the window, my magic faded and everyone came into my room... including Rob. Great. I am pushed back as everyone clouds around Dash, shoving me out of the way to get to her. I work my way back to the front of the crowd and use a spell to move everyone back except for Unicity, who avoids the spell with her magic. Together, we both create a healing spell and do it on Dash. A moment later, she awakes. At once, everyone starts talking.

        "Is Dash ok? Will she be ok? What happened? This can't be happening!" They all say at once. Then Dash groans and opens her eyes. I disengage the barrier, and everyone comes in close. She tries to sit up but yells and clutches her wing, laying back down.

        "Don't worry! You'll be ok!" Mitch yells, and we all look at him. "What? Just trying to be positive!" he says. Everyone comes in for a group hug, and Dash looks a little embarrassed.

        "But how? What happened?" Dash asks, and everyone gives me room so she can see me clearly.

        "Twi saved you before you hit the ground," Rob says and sends me a loving glance. I turn away as quickly as I can, because that was NOT how he acted before! Preston gives Dash a hug and we all join in once again. Dash starts crying and reaches for me. I go over to her and she gives me a hug.

        "Thank you so much, Twi!" she sobs. Okay... that is weird. Dash NEVER cries! We all come in for another hug, and she keeps crying.

        "Ahem," Mitch says. "I think it would be best if you guys went home." He looks down, like he was guilty for doing a crime. Wait- what?? Go home?!?!? But we just got here! We all sigh, and turn to leave. "Wait girls. I have a reason. Ever since you came here you have been getting hurt. I am just trying to protect you from that happening."  As we all head to our rooms, we see Adam and Jerome. When we pass them without a word, they immediately go to Mitch to see what he said. I reach my room and start to pack. As I am packing, I hear Mitch explain and, of course, their reactions.

        "YOU SAID WHAT?!?!?!?!?" Jerome yells at the top of his lungs.

        "HOW COULD YOU?!?!? THEY JUST GOT HERE!!!" Adam joins in. Don't I know it. I sigh, continue to pack. Let's see.... activity book... suitcase full of books.... more books..... clothes......stuffed animals... my tablet... my phone... and that looks like it's it. Oh wait! I can't forget the souvenirs!!! I shut all my luggage and drag the stuff out behind me. Then I remember that I can just make it float so I don't have to carry it. I use my magic to make my stuff float behind me and shut the door. Then I head downstairs, thinking of the bad things to come. Soccer... our magic and wings... our fellow students wanting to know every little secret.... this is not going to be good.

As I head downstairs, I look for my friends. I see Peony, Unicity, Jackie, and Flit waiting, but Dash isn't there. I sigh, put my luggage down, and head back upstairs. I make it just in time to see Dash leave Preston's room with a small sad smile on her face. She sees me and grins, and I use my magic to carry her bags down. We both meet up with the rest of them, and head out the door without a glance back.

Hey guys! As you may have noticed, I am updating more often! :) Anyway, enjoy this update, and I will get chapter 15 out soon

Hey guys! As you may have noticed, I am updating more often! :) Anyway, enjoy this update, and I will get chapter 15 out soon. You guys are all awesome! :D

-TwilightSparkleMagic