Prologue

Georgina Ricci's POV

Is he for real?

I was speechless or rather shocked by his proposal. I thought it was the most deranged proposal I had ever heard.

The entire excitement to know this tall, mysterious guy, dripping with dangerous charisma, dispersed promptly, now replaced with passionate umbrage.

"Bear me a child, and the house is yours in addition to a million dollars in your account after the child is born. And then, you can forget that you met me, and this thing happened." He casually negotiated, tone flat with his eyes as cold and as gauging as those of the shark den, debating who to pick. But, at this point, I have no other options.

He is acting like he's dealing with another businessman ruthlessly, and it wasn't as offensive as his offer.

He thinks we are talking about the weather.

Oh, sure! Why not? That's quick. I lay down. You stick your dick in my pussy. I get pregnant. And boom! I get back the house and the million dollars. Problem solve. Easy peasy! No troubles!

This son of a gun! I seethed inwardly.

I want to think that he's perhaps joking. However, his flat tone and the lack of emotion on his stoic-cold and sinister facade say he isn't.

His rich, velvety voice emanated with dangerous authority, and it held the power that made everyone swallow their thoughts before they even rolled out of their tongue.

"I value every second of my time, Ricci. I need your response now, or I need you to vacate this house as soon as possible." He stated bluntly without a tinge of remorse. Then, he rose to his full height.

Yes. Full height.

I meant over six feet tall of solid muscle. Perhaps, 6'3 or 6'5.

Just by his height, he could intimidate anyone.

And right at this moment, my confidence was slowly slipping away.

How could a brutal jerk be this perfect?

Why were my body and heart traitorous?

Then again, he's heading to the door.

I was alarmed.

I hated him for giving me such a short time, but I had to decide.

Damn, I had to think.

Yes, think Georgina!!

Think.

Think.

The hell?

My quicker head abruptly shuts off.

"Wait!" I jerked up, my voice faltering, gripping with agitation before he could reach the door.

**************