Chapter 31: Inauspicious Meeting

"The line between good and evil is permeable and almost anyone can be induced to cross it when pressured by situational forces." ― Philip G. Zimbardo

A/N: Thank you for patiently waiting. I hope you won't forget to

VOTE ...

COMMENT ...

BE A FAN ...

AND SHARE TO EVERYONE ...

THANK YOU!

***************

Georgina Ricci's POV

"Mom?" I croaked. A big lump stuck in my throat.

How could it be? She is dead!

That voice I never forget. Sweet and always soothing. That voice I've missed for six years. That voice that I always thought I would never hear it again.

She was staring at me wide-eyed, utterly surprised. Her blanch-face shows like she'd seen a ghost. Her teary eyes were pinned to my face. I'm completely looking to my twin, although she's taller than me.

"What are you doing here, princess?" She always calls me that. She always says I'm her princess.

I shook my head, still unsure if I was dreaming or I am dead. "Why am I here?" I asked instead with my voice faltering.

I still couldn't believe my eyes to see my mother alive and kicking. She always looks radiant and stunning, which whom my father adored and love with all his life, but her eyes say differently. It was full of pain and regrets.

And because of her, dad died. We thought she's dead.

But here she is.

Not caring in the world what happened to us, or to my father.

Did she even know that he died?

My eyes were staring at her accusingly. Hatred and bitterness filled my eyes.

The tears she kept on holding on rolled over her cheeks. Then, she slowly walks to my direction. "My princess," she uttered, remorseful and longings swirled around her cobalt eyes that were like mine.

I held my hand up to stop her from getting closer. My body is shaking with the anger, bitterness and hatred that's crawled in my gut. "You are not my mother!" I spit out with distaste as the sad face of my father flashed through my head. "My mother is long dead!" I croaked stifling the tears.

She stops on her track and tears now streaming down her cheeks incessantly. "I'm sorry, princess." She sniffed trying to hold back the tears, but it just kept on rolling over her cheeks unstoppable.

My heart clenched at her sight. I want to run onto her and hold her. I missed her so much, but after knowing that she betrayed us, left us, and faking her death was beyond unforgivable. Dad died because of her.

"Why did you do this mom? Why?" I was clenching my hands into balls, controlling my temper to explode. I have a lot of things to ask her. A lot of things I wanna know, but first, I want to know why she left us and fake her death.

"I had no choice, princess. I have to do it because I want you and your dad safe. I had to cut all the connections of they will kill both of you. It's hard to do that." She stared into my eyes as she explained it. I see that sadness and pain she had gone through. I felt it, but she had a choice.

"That day I was almost stabbed to death, it was all planned by Rio Castello Fiorenza, aka Denaro."

Rio Fiorenza?