Chapter 34: The Massaretti's...

"When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching -- they are your family." ― Jim Butcher

A/N: Thank you for patiently waiting. I hope you won't forget to

VOTE ...

COMMENT ...

BE A FAN ...

AND SHARE TO EVERYONE ...

THANK YOU!

*****************

Georgina Ricci's POV

                   AS SOON as we got to the terrace, I saw Sophia and Angelo sitting nest to each other, obviously waiting for us. The beautiful scenery caught my attention. My eyes feasted at the open terrace of their estate, overlooking the wide scenery of their vineyard.

Sophia's vineyard is located in the outskirt of the city, almost two hours drive to the city.

The place is spectacular and looks like a less-traveled region of mountains and hills. The food was superb and all freshly came from their vegetable garden.

If I were to ask where to live, I would never leave this place. It's like a paradise, serene and far from the bustling of the city. It's not as fast pace as the city, but it was well worth living here.

It is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the Italian countryside with a nice bottle of wine. The estate only comes with 21 rooms, a swimming pool, a garden, and terraces to sit. A perfect setting to get away and enjoy Italian food and wine.

The winery is separated and it's down the hill surrounded by the grape-yard. Where barrels and barrels of famous red-wine and white-wine are made.

The villa is located up a hill which gives a dramatic scenery you can sit back and enjoy, and getting buzzed.

"Sit, figlia." Sophia stood up and motioned her hands to the chair across them. "Pull a chair for her figlio." Sophia shot Marco a teasing stare with fondness, her eyes shimmering with happiness.

Marco rolled his eyes at his grandma's words. "Of course, I will, nonna." Vexed Marco pulled a chair for me and Sophia just shrug it off her grandson's temper, while watching us with fondness and happiness in her eyes.

Angelo was enjoying the bickering of both again as usual. He tried to stifle his amusements, but his eyes say otherwise.

I thank Marco and he sat next to me, pushing the antique wooden chair closer to mine and he occupied it, resting his other arm on the back support of my chair, almost resting on my shoulder with his fingers occasionally running on my shoulder blade.

We are at the back of the villa if I'm correct, and the sun is just rising from the horizon, the cold breeze gently kissing my skin, feeling relaxing and calming.

"So how do you like Italy so far, figlia?" Sophia asks as she made a sip of her steamy latte carefully.

"It's beautiful, relaxing, and calming. It's spectacular!" I beamed at them then I look at Marco. He's already busy filling my plate with fette biscottate, a cookie like bread which is very Italian, and scrambled eggs.

Then all of a sudden I smelt that odor that made my gut swirled and everything I had from last night suddenly went up to my throat. I felt gagging and hurling.

Holding my mouth with my palm as I felt the sour feelings in my belly, I saw the sausage coming.

Marco suddenly stood up toppling the chair backward and swiftly attends to me as he looks at the maid while he spoke in a cold grave tone. "Prendere il cibo lontano , dannazione!" (Take the food away, dammit!)