043, eras tour performance

「 somebody to someone 」manon wright x sam golbachchapter 43

somebody to someone
manon wright x sam golbach
chapter 43

"MANON?"

She turned to see Sam, fiddling with his mic as he stood in his outfit. Their first night of the Eras Tour in Arizona. "Hey, what's up?"

"I'm nervous, like really nervous," he admitted. "I've never done anything like this."

She walked over and hugged him. "You're going to do great. Remember. I do two songs, we do our joint, and then I leave."

He nodded when one of the organisers ran over. "Wright! You're on."

"Good luck Sammy," she whispered before turning around and entering the stage of thousands of people.

Seeing Manon's two songs, Enchanted and Friend's Don't, live was an experience for sure...at least for Sam. He watched as she purely connected with the crowd, clearly having the time of her life. Her voice filled the stadium, and people were cheering everywhere, singing the lyrics. All he had to do was wait for her to bring him out.

"Now," Manon smiled as she finished. "I think we need someone else for the next song."

The crowd went silent.

"See," she began to walk along the stage. "I didn't write this one, and nor am I the only singer in this song. This is also sang by one of my long term best friends - two years this year! - and the song is called Thinkin Bout You."

Sam's eyes widened at the reaction. Gasps, cheers, screams. They knew it.

"So...can I welcome Sam Golbach to the stage!"

He walked out and waved to everyone. This...surreal. Absolutely surreal.

"Ready?" She asked, bringing the mic down. He nodded and began to sing.

The chorus came, and there she was. There it was, the harmony of their voices.

"I was just thinking 'bout that weekend out on Cumberland Lake / and that one time in Baton Rouge when we made out in the rain / where we went chasin' fallin' stars on a hill at your daddy's farm / don't be sorry for callin' me up right outta the blue / I was just thinking 'bout you!"

They finished and she squeezed his hand. "I'll see you in the tent."

"See you there soon."

When she left, he did a mini-speech for everyone before singing the song he did by himself. He took a deep breath and began.

"And if the sun starts setting, the sky goes cold / then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall / I really need somebody to call my own / I wanna be somebody to someone / someone to you!"

Finishing, the crowd cheered louder than ever as he bowed and went off the stage. Taylor gave him a hug upon seeing him.

"I did it," Sam breathed in shock. "Wow."

"Yes you did," Taylor grinned, punching his shoulder. "No go find Manon, I think she's at the tent."

"Yes ma'am!"

And he ran off towards the tent where Colby, Manon, Emma Stone, Selena Gomez and Taylor's parents all stood.

april speaks
final chapter of today!