You really don't need me (Ryan's POV)

Authors notice:
I decided that the story would go along better if told in Ryan's viewpoint AS WELL AS Skyler's. Any time RYAN is speaking instead of Skyler in a chapter, his point of view will have a (Ryan's POV) by the title and Ryan's POV again before the chapter begins. It will be THE WHOLE chapter in his point of view. And soon there will be (A) or (Authors POV) which is authors POV so third person. If there isn't one of those two POV's mentioned, it's Skyler's Point of view (ie our crazy main character). Just wanna clear that up so I don't get weird comments about it. Let me know if it's too confusing.

Ryan's POV:
(A few moments before we left off with Skyler's POV)

"Skyler!" My voice came running out of my throat as I already found my feet racing towards the stairs. Rushing to her again.

It was only a second ago he launched it and now... crap. If I saw she was standing there in such a daze I wouldn't have dodged! Did she actually throw out that wind on purpose?? No she would have deflected the arrow completely. Was she... no was she trying to protect me??? Did her abilities start up because she panicked?

I should've been more vigilant, faster. I could've stopped her from getting hurt. I should've known she wouldn't stay inside. She isn't one to abandon her friends in battle even if she admittedly prefers to fight alone. She says I'm stubborn... but if I hadn't dodged and I truly was 'fighting against my own' Madi and Harper would've been screwed. Skyler would have been left unprotected. That blast she managed was one of the weaker tiers of her ability, but the wave of energy meant it was finally starting to manifest, just not as soon as we needed it.

"Dammit..." I muttered with haste to myself as I rushed over to her. "Dammit Skyler! Why can't you trust me!" I caught her in my arms before she'd fallen down. Reaching to her face as her eyes glazed over in a strange tint.

So little time had past, yet somehow I wasn't fast enough to stop it. Something as fast as me, Aaron made it FOR me. And that dust had something to do with James I just know it. Yet I couldn't stop it, not with Daniel knocking me off balance like that just before. It's like a ton of bricks walking you in the face! Aaron was right, but he missed his target. I know that wasn't meant to kill me, Steinfeild would never allow them to do that. That deranged scientist who dares call himself a doctor. What a joke. He's just a psychotic man granted too much power.

I tapped her face a few times trying to wake her up. "Come on... come on Skyler you have to fight them." I gritted my teeth.

From the looks of it, Skyler was out cold. Her skin was pale, paler then normal. Very cold to the touch as well. She... she wasn't dead was she?! Her heartbeat was so slow and I could barely feel her breathing. She wasn't bleeding, but she looked to be in so much pain. That energy is just swirling around her. I've never seen that attack before. No... that must've been a new combo attack. Something that could manage to turn me against the others... something involving James ability for sure. Was that even possible?

"You're too late Ryan. You think you dodged a simple attack, but it's quite more than that. You know better than anyone how both of you are highly susceptible to long range attacks after a short range. Especially when James' new power is involved." Aaron smirked.

"How nice of you to finally remember Aaron." I spoke sarcastically with my back turned to them without another way to process this. "Why don't you shut the fuck up and get lost Aaron!! Your the fool! You three staying here with this deranged man!" Though when I yelled that back to them Daniel and James looked the slightest bit off put by the comment. It was... unless somehow it wasn't of their own free will? They made it sound like they were with him for the good of the power this facility once held.