Strange Emotions

I felt Ryan subtly smile into my shoulder. "Okay." He lifted his chin up a bit to speak once more. I'll admit to my surprise he wants to talk about the past. He'd been dodging my questions earlier. I guess a quick summery couldn't hurt me any more in his eyes.

"They occasionally let us down here for a large open area other then our training room. To 'get into the elements' he'd say." Ryan moves his arms again.

"He?" I raised my eyebrows looking to my shoulder a bit where he'd been relaxing.

"The man who shall not be named because I said his name wasn't important." Ryan pinched my cheek which made me shut up about it. Oh, that doctor guy? "James, Daniel... well while he was alive, Connor and I trained with you more often though it didn't seem like enough at times. Even 4 on 1 proved to be a little difficult. At the time those three and I were the only ones that could attempt to over power you, you were full of tricks. Or more so you were very unpredictable. Since you yourself didn't really know what you were doing. Of course... not as tricky as me though. I could always read right through that pretty little head of yours." He made a spark using his hands like a rainbow, making me laugh a little.

It felt like he got self conscious again and backed off me. Which left me with that same aching loneliness despite him resolving to sit right next to me again. He laid on his back again with a laugh. He sure did move a lot. Not surprising because of his ability, must be restless all the time from the looks of it. His movements and talking got separator at times. I liked how he told stories though, even if it was a sad one he still made me laugh. It was all so meaningful to him like he was telling a grand adventure of sorts.

"They'd let me come to beat you in training more than once, and especially when I'd become a class two. Figuring me out was quite a challenge to you. It was a cute. I was... well jealous of you when we first met. I didn't like you very much honestly, I guess you can say you grew on me though."

"I'm glad you're finally willing to talk about it." I looked back at him. "You haven't been too avid to do so before now."

"Because these memories... wouldn't be so bad to remember. Tell you a bit more about yourself, about us."

"Is it worth it?" I laid back with him, starring up at the ceiling. I guess I just now noticed but there were cut out of stars. The sun and moon. It looked like a child pasted them up there.

"Well... you forgot about me after Daniel died, for a little bit anyway. I forgot about you for a moment too, because they made us all forget about Daniel which messed with our short term memory. So we thought you were always rambling about a toy or one of the scientists or something." Ryan shrugged. "I got real jealous when only Daniel got to see you back then to be honest, though that was preparation for his de-" He stopped himself. "I uh... a-and the three of us were closer then we were to the others. Because of you of course. We'd fight constantly and you'd always be the one to break it up despite being the loose cannon. Despite always forgetting about us. Your memory had never been good after all."

"I did always notice that. I thought it was just ADHD or something." I looked at my hands straight up in the air. Putting them back in my lap.

"When you... I mean... when I thought he died, I spent weeks sneaking away here when I remembered him. My memory recovers really fast like my body after all. Steinfeild honestly probably knew, that man knows everything, but no one ever said anything. Though my guards had their suspicions. Especially when James caught on in later years that we... had feeling for each other before we did. Pretty sure he cheated using his ability though..." He kept rambling like he was trying to paint a picture of memories for me. "And here we were unable to feel something such as love." He closed his eyes with another chuckle.