You think you've saved me (Ryans POV)

Song is rated explicit. Not that this story isn't. They're adults... There might be some semi mature stuff later on in the story

Ryans POV continued:

Skyler walked back towards me with a fury in her eyes. Oh... shit I've done it now...

"You're fighting on the wrong side Ryan." She exclaimed with a still serious expression. Pushing me on the chest. A bit of static bouncing off between us. Letting myself stumble back.

"This isn't you Skyler..." I mumbled keeping my ground, I won't let her get to me she doesn't scare me.

Was I really still denying it? All I could do was stand still as the last light of hope was withering away in front of me. Listening to the light crunch of snow under her shoes as she walked away... then walked back to me. She scoffed tilting her head as she reached me. Grabbing my chin rather roughly, pulling me down to her eye level. I keep forgetting how short she seemed compared to me. Yet all the more intimidating.

"Oh, isn't it? What made you the expert in knowing who I AM Ryan? You're the one who was in a deplorable state, crying about how it was all your fault I couldn't remember anything." She tossed out her arm in a frustrated gesture, "So NOW that i'm just starting to remember things, you want to just reverse all that and tare everyone apart again? Deny who I am? Just so you get the girl again? We're only trying to fix the war, when it's people like you who are the reason it started." She spoke sternly, pulling her hand away roughly. Scratching my chin as she did so. "People that don't want change, get nothing done, only producing more conflict." She pushed on my chest with a finger. Narrowing her eyes at me in distaste.

She was right, that's what I was doing. This whole situation is my fault. It was naive of me to think anything was going to go back to how it was five years ago, her and I anyway. I asked her to use mass destruction on the facility and didn't think of the consequences. Everything leading up to now was because I wanted to take her out of this awful place. To stop the torture for the both of us, but i've only managed to screw everything up again.

James and Aaron were trapped here and the scientists found them and made sure they forgot everyone but me, and the only thing they know about me is how to defeat me and that I was the enemy. James started to remember... only because of his abilities. They were used to hunt me down for years. Four long years I spent trying to find Skyler, and they were forced to find me when we all should have been free. I was too worried about Skyler I didn't have space to think of anything else. It was the only thing in my life I had, my hope. The freedom we'd won was done so at too high of a price. It wasn't worth it knowing Skyler could've been out there, I just happened to get lucky after five long years.

I couldn't take Aaron and James on alone when I found out they'd teamed up with Daniel, I got lucky those two caring idiots bothered to attempt a rescue. They should have known better... well Connor was the only one who really would have known. Madeline, Harper, and Connor barley escaped, but the cost for their freedom was their memories. They had each other though. I was surprised to run into them a few years ago. Of course, it took a lot of convincing for them to follow me back into this mess. Skyler... I dragged her back too. I guess as hard as we tried, none of us really ever managed to get far from here. Even with the promise of freedom. This hell has a hold on all of us even now, and it was all my fault. This place made us who we are, and somehow destiny always drags us back.

The building was falling apart at the seams and I was the only thing Skyler had to hold onto, and I dropped her. I felt her fingers slipping through my own as I watched her fall into darkness. I was covered in rubble and passed out after that. I was weak, and from that moment I believed she was dead, but kept running trying to prove I was wrong. Somehow, I'd find her. That we could finally live free together like she'd dreamed. She wanted the life she'd read about. Peace, freedom, love. I wanted to give her the world. I wanted us to be more then manufactured monsters.