A shame (Ryans POV)

Ryans POV continued:

The cold was encapsulating. Starting to my feet and brushed the snow off my clothing. God I hate the cold. My eyes traveled up and Skyler was standing still in front of me. I looked into her eyes cautiously. Taking a soft step back in the snow. They were a soft ice blue with a large back outline. Little red flecs shimmering inside them. Like... when they were reversed. It was like staring into the depths of death and sorrow.

Are Aaron and James controlling Skyler and her powers? I don't even understand if they're controlling her or if it's some kind of program, I never understood anything of Aaron's. He was too damn smart for his own good.

Skylers eyes normally turn ice blue when she activates her powers, but this was unusual. Now their side has control over Skyler somehow and have miraculously unlocked her powers. Does that means... well it means she has to remember something? Over time I've observed her abilities in detail and they're nothing to be taken lightly. At driest I only observed to get ahead of my competition. Then we were all certainly more powerful together. Then I started caring about her as more than just a teammate. She was powerful, but we each have special 'talents' that combined made Facility X one of the strongest. We, The Phantom Guards, conquered the battle field at such young ages. Until Skyler was 12, then we stuck to conquering facilities and going on little missions instead.

She has three tiers in her elemental manipulation ability. She can do a lot more than just give off an incredible amount of energy. Just stepping on the ground can shake the very earth around her if she wishes it. Because of her bond with nature she can hear what the forest does when she concentrated. Her molecular element blasts can be any element or energy in the form of a long range blast, and she can sometimes cover a limb in this for a melee attack but it can harm her like that. Well unless she's wearing her tactical suit which absorbed that shock. It's everything but bullet proof, but she normally reacts with a shield of wind around her.

She was strong and clumsy. This manipulation makes up the first and weakest defense tier. She's a terrible short range fighter even with her knowledge of military fighting we'd learned though. Mainly because this was so unpredictable at times. Her elements were far less permeable then a weapon. She was weak against metal for example, she can't blast her way through that most of the time with just this ability. These elements aren't as strong as natural ones either.

Form distort is her second tier of power which bounds her to certain laws of nature but requires a substantial amount of energy. It's similar to my electrical storms as it requires lots of energy consumption and could potentially hurt the user, which makes its weakness. It helps her move and control nature to an extent. Create structures like huge vines and rock walls. It requires concentration, and they way she can use it always seems to vary.

What makes her the ultimate weapon though lies in her final strongest tier. This tier consists of 3 attacks. Distortion is the weakest of three final attacks. It simply changes the outlook of the area to benefit or counteract attacks. It can make the user and enemy possibly delirious. It distorts the attackers view of Skyler or the area. This ability probably is how she managed to have my hand phase through hers. She can't do this very often though, and only for a set number of minutes. It's because her 90% power output drains like a battery unlike the rest of us. With distortion she can change aspects of nature around her seconds at a time. So it could look like you're about to run into a huge boulder but it really isn't there because it's a tree or something. If nothings there to make the illusion it's not as strong. I'm pretty sure she made it from learning from Connor and James... though I think Steinfeild experimented that into being like the other two attacks. Super charging her.

Mass destruction is her second strongest. It's a concentrated blast of power with a extremely large burn radius. I've seen her preform it once in this same area from a distance. The blast radius almost made it to the house and burned enough that the area took almost a day to regenerate it all. At max power output it has the potential of a small missile. What we need to blast through the door upstairs to get out of this place since it's already banged up and weakened. The major weakness of this large attack is it only provides Skyler with a little shielding, meaning she HAS to hit the enemy with this attack before she's too weak to continue. It takes over eighty percent power output. Unless they're almost as fast as me since charging up this ability would give a normal person only enough time to run half of the blast radius. She can also easily be caught up in it though. She couldn't walk very well last time because it had temporarily burned one of her legs and blinded her slightly. This was one of our only chances to blast out of here though.