Chapter 9- Kisses (slight smut)

I follow Zigzag into our tent. His face is red, and he's mumbling something to himself as he paces the room. I walk up to him and grab his arms to get him to look at me. I can feel him shaking in my grip.
Y/N: Zig, what happened back there?
As he looks into my eyes, I can see his brim with tears.
Y/N: You need to talk to me...
He still doesn't say anything. I gently pull him over to his bed, and we sit down.
Y/N: What's going on?
Tears start to stream from his eyes. He whispers.
ZIGZAG: He did that to hurt me...
Y/N: What?
ZIGZAG: He's trying to take you...
Y/N: Zig, you're scaring me. What's going on?
I've never seen him in such a vulnerable state.

Something catches my attention out of the corner of my eye. I look over and see Squid lurking by the door. I look back at Zigzag and then down at his bloody hands.
Y/N: I'm going to go and get some bandages, I'll be back in a minute
He doesn't say anything. He just stares at his hands.
I leave the tent and see Squid trying to run away before I can talk to him. Nice try. I run after him and grab his arm, making him look at me.
Y/N: Someone needs to tell me what the fuck is going on!
He sighs. He looks around and drags me behind a wooden shack before answering me.
SQUID: Alright, I read his file when I first got transferred here. I didn't mean to, it was just open on the desk... He suffers from acute paranoia.
Y/N: Acute paranoia?
SQUID: He thinks that people are always out to hurt him in some way. It gives him pretty bad trust issues.
Now the mumbling makes sense.
SQUID: I don't know why he acted out like that though...
Suddenly, everything clicked. He was never just play flirting with me... He actually likes me. He got jealous, his condition just made it worse. Oh my God... He likes me?
Y/N: Thank you
I turn to head back to Zigzag.
SQUID: Whatever.
I stop. I turn around to face him again and I can feel my blood boil.
Y/N: What is your problem?!? I have been nothing but nice around here and you hate me! What have I ever done to you? Do you know-
His lips press against mine. I stand there, shocked and unmoving. He pulls away and glares at me.
Y/N: Why did you do that?
He goes bright red and his glare intensifies.
He smashes his lips back on to mine with a lot more force. I don't know what happened, but it's like a switch flipped in me and I forgot that I was annoyed with him. I kiss him back, and once he feels my lips moving too, he uses this opportunity.

He grabs my hips and pulls me closer to him. He presses me up against a wall and leans his body on mine. Keeping one hand on my waist, he slowly brings his hand up my body and to my neck. I shiver under his touch as his grip on my neck tightens. He kisses me deeper and I let out a small moan. We pull apart for air and just stare at eachother, still breathing heavily.
Y/N: That was...
SQUID: Good...
I can feel my face go red and I look away.
Y/N: I should probably get back to Zigzag...
He nods and moves away from me. I gently kiss his lips one more time before running off to get a medical kit.

As I bandage Zigzags hands, there are a thousand thoughts racing through my head. What did I just do? I mean, I know I like him but I also like Zigzag... I know there's nothing going on between us, but I still feel like I'm being disloyal to both of them... On top of all that, I know Zigzag likes me! What am I supposed to do?

ZIGZAG: Thank you...
His voice brings me out of my thoughts and I look at him. He smiles at me softly and I can't help but smile back. I go to let go of his hands, but he keeps his grip strong. The way he looks into my eyes is so exciting. I can actually feel the love emitting from him. I can feel myself leaning in. What am I doing? I just kissed Squid... But his eyes are so gorgeous, I can't stop myself. Our lips meet and I feel like I'm floating. He kisses me back, a much different kiss to Squid. He kisses me with more tenderness but an equal amount of passion. His kisses are softer and slower. He starts to lean over me, pushing me back onto the bed. As he hovers over me, one hand is on the bed, beside my head and the other is on my waist. As he kisses me deeper, I throw my leg over his waist. I feel his hand slide down until he is holding my thigh. I feel his thumb slightly caress it and I let out a small groan. I can feel him smile against my lips, making me smile. He pulls away and looks into my eyes.
ZIGZAG: Darling you are so gorgeous...
I have butterflies in my stomach as I stare at him and let his voice surround me. Darling. God, I love that...

Suddenly, the door opens. I turn my head to see... Squid.