Chapter III

"That's bullshit

"That's bullshit. I literally described you half of my life and you say that it's still wrong and someone else might be the same" Ran said while angrily drinking the milkshake he ordered.

"But it is wrong" Y/n laughed. "There is one simple answer to the question, one very very simple. Who are you that no one else is?"

"I don't know. Maybe Someone who will knock you out if you keep saying my answers are wrong" the older Haitani said.

"Still wrong, someone already tried to do that a few times."

It's been over a week since Y/n and Ran met, and no matter how many answers Ran said the answer was always 'wrong'. Right now they are sitting in a small cafe, drinking milkshakes that were recently added to the menu.

People were looking at them, Ran was very aware of that. But Y/n ignored it, or maybe she didn't even notice it, Ran has no idea. But he joined the other people with the staring; he was also staring at Y/n. From her h/c hair, that framed her face perfectly, to her cute nose that complimented her face, to her lips that had a slight shine on them from the lipgloss that she was wearing. Ran couldn't lie, she was very beautiful, but what caught his eyes the most were her eyes.

Those e/c eyes were so shiny, but at the same time it seemed like they were dead eyes. They say that the eyes are the mirror to the soul, and if that is true then she has a very confusing soul. Her eyes are very beautiful, it was Ran's favourite. But he can't read anything from her eyes. Is she bored, excited? Is she full of life or dead inside? Is it all? Or maybe nothing? He has no idea, he has been trying to figure that out, but it seems like an impossible mission for him.

But Ran does know one thing, she can make a serious conversation sound like an everyday catch up. She jokes about things, and yet she's very serious. Her questions don't make any sense for him, but she says that they're important questions. He's annoyed by the questions and all the wrong answers, but he likes her voice. It's soothing, and it makes him forget his annoyance, but he would never admit it to her.

"I don't get it" Ran started with a monotone voice. "You say it's a simple answer and yet all my answers are wrong."

"They just are" Y/n laughed. "But if it comforts you a little bit it took my cousin his whole juvie time to figure out the answer for this simple question. You are just thinking of too many things to realise how simple the question actually is."