Chapter IV

Music was blasting in the whole apartment

Music was blasting in the whole apartment. The smell of alcohol was mixed with the smell of different colognes and fast food. The apartment was full of people, all from the same gang mostly. The two owners of the apartment were on different sides; one being in the kitchen, mixing drinks for people and himself, the other one being in the living room, behind his dj set, providing with the perfect music to set the party mood.

The Haitani brothers were having a party in their apartments, having fun and getting drunk out of their asses. They invited everyone from Tenjiku and people who they considered a friend but weren't apart of the gang. The infamous brothers of Roppongi were always the life of the party, they knew how to make a party fun for everyone and they enjoyed it themselves too.

But as much as Ran likes having parties and mixing drinks, watching the reaction of his friends who took a sip of the strong cocktail, right now it was like he was in a different world. His hands were working on the drinks, mixing them the way he usually did, but he wasn't present in his mind and his face told it too. Anyone who looked at him could tell from his eyes, that were staring into space while his hands were mixing cocktails, that he wasn't exactly the Ran he usually is.

Right now, Ran Haitani is thinking about a certain girl and her questions. She was stranger and stranger every day, it was like she was talking in riddles. It kind of pissed Ran off, he is both book and street smart, but he was never really fond of riddles. He thought people who tried to seem smarter and spoke in riddles were annoying, he thought they were arrogant and didn't like people who where extremely weird. But for some reason she's not annoying, for some reason he does not think that she's arrogant and even tho she is extremely weird he wants to hear her weird riddles all the time.

Sure, they pissed him off a lot of times. He has a short temper so it's not hard to piss off the Ran Haitani, but he wasn't pissed at her. He could never get mad at her, no. She caught his interest, she made it worth for him to do things that he never usually did. She matched his energy and still kept her own. That's what he likes, he liked that she was confidently weird. He likes confident people, because he wants to be someone like that. He wants to be a flashy and confident person, and even tho he is one he could still do more.