Chapter VIII

Ran walked into his apartment that he shared with his brother

Ran walked into his apartment that he shared with his brother. He left the umbrella by the door, took off his shoes and made his way to the living room.

His brother was already there, he watched some movie that Ran didn't bother to check. He was never really into movies, but Rindou liked them.

"How'd it go?" Rindou asked before turning around to face his brother. "And how did you get wet if you had an umbrella?"

"It went horrible" Ran answered as he sat down beside his brother, not even caring about his wet clothes. "She was acting so weird. She said something about me wanting to understand but not learn, and she ignored most of my questions. I could tell something was wrong but she didn't say anything and then left. It's so weird because she was so smiley when she saw me and her mood took a 180 turn."

"Maybe she's on her period?" Rindou tried to joke, but he saw how his older brother glared at him so he gave up with the joking. He can see on Ran's face that whatever happened was serious and he's not in the mood. "Sorry. But anyway, she said nothing about her problem?"

"Nothing at all" Ran answered as he watched his brother turn off the TV so he can pay more attention to Ran. "She was smiley and happy, she waved at me and had a huge smile, then she asked me a question, I answered, she said that I don't understand and she got sad."

"What was the question and what did you answer?" the younger Haitani asked, trying to help his brother as much as he could.

"She asked me if I love someone would I live or die for them. I said I would die without a question and she got sad" Ran explained.

"Yeah, that's weird" Rindou commented. "I thought that was the good answer too, but maybe not."

"I don't know what I did wrong" Ran sighed, as he let his head lay on the back of the couch. "Communication is zero."

"Hey, you said that when you met her she asked something about living" Rindou suddenly remembered.

"Yeah" the older Haitani nodded. "She asked how could I live if I don't even know who I am."