Chapter X

The sound of popcorn popping could be heard in the whole apartment

The sound of popcorn popping could be heard in the whole apartment. The two brothers were in the kitchen, one waiting for the popcorn to be done, while the other is simply just sitting there, waiting to finally start watching the movie with his brother and his brother's possible-future-girlfriend, who was currently changing in the bathroom.

"What are you thinking about?" the younger Haitani broke the silence, now asking the question he was waiting to ask his brother.

"Nothing" the older Haitani shrugged.

"Don't lie to me, something is bothering you" Rindou said.

"What makes you say that?" Ran asked as he turned around to look at his brother.

"You were smiling at her playing in the rain and all of a sudden your smile changed" he answered. "What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing" Ran shrugged again. "It's stupid anyway."

"If it makes you sad then it's not stupid" Rindou raised one of his eyebrows. "Now tell me."

"I don't think it's gonna work with her" Ran finally answer, now making his way beside Rindou to sit down beside him.

"Why? I think she's perfect for you."

"She is" Ran started. "But I am not perfect for her. I am a delinquent, I would just ruin her. It's not worth it to ruin her just so I could have her."

"Then be better" Rindou shrugged, while getting up to get the popcorn out of the microwave.

"I can't change the past, Rin" Ran sighed. "Whatever I do, I won't be good enough for her. I want to make sure she is happy, and if she is happy with someone else by her side then so be it. I'm not gonna ruin her and make her depressed like I did with my exes."

"Your exes were hoes, everyone could see they weren't keepers" Rindou said as he poured the popcorn into a bowl. "But her? She is a keeper, I can see it. And you said her cousin is a delinquent, I don't think she cares if you are too."

"That's the problem" the older Haitani said. "Her cousin is a delinquent and she worries for him all the time. If I become her boyfriend then I will just ruin her mental health with all the stress I would cause her."