Chapter XV

True love is to be seen

You can like someone, but you can never love them if you don't see them. If you like their personality, but don't like their looks, it's not love. If you only like their looks, but not their personality, it's not love.

Love starts when you like both their looks and personality. Love starts when you see them for who they are, not who you want them to be or how you imagine them to be. If you see them for who they are, you accept them at their worst and at their best, if you know how they truly are, and you still like them, then it's love.

Love is patient, love is kind, if you are willing to wait for someone no matter how they act, no matter how long it takes, if you wait for them patiently you love them. It is also a choice, you choose to accept them and wait for them.

It's not that hard to recognise when you love someone, no matter if you only knew them for a few weeks or a whole year, you can love anyone. The heart knows what it wants.

And Y/n L/n's heart wants Ran Haitani.

She knows how he really is. She accepts the dangers that he is involved with and the danger that would affect her if they dated. She knows that she would be a target in the eyes of the rival delinquents if she were to become his girlfriend. She knows that a delinquent hurts others, they can be narcissist and egoistical. She knows that delinquents are dangerous and they are toxic.

And yet she chooses to continue loving him.

She knows how much Ran could hurt her. Maybe he will end up abusive one day, since he is sadistic. She knows how vicious Ran is, and she accepts him the way he is. And Y/n loves him the way he is.

She loves his cologne, that she remembers and can still smell whenever she thinks about the first time they interacted.

She loves his laugh, she still remembers the first time he laughed at one of her jokes.

She loves his eyes so much, she could get lost in them. The stars cannot compare to the way his eyes shine.

She loves how warm he is. No matter how cold it is, how cold she feels, his skin is still so warm that it feels like the Sun kissed her skin whenever she touches him.

Whenever she starts thinking about him, she sees his smile infront of her. That same smile that makes the butterflies in her stomach do flips, he makes those butterflies act like they never did with any of her past crushes before.

His voice makes her want to run laps whenever she hears it. When she texts him and he sends a voice message she is just kicking her feet like those teenage girls in movies.

She loves the way he jokes about things, she loves his dark humor, his dad jokes, his sarcastic comments, she loves it all.

She loves his hobbies, no matter what he does, she loves to hear about them all and she can listen to him talk about them for hours.

She loves the way he talks, the way he jokes, the way he is. She loves him.

And Ran Haitani's heart wants Y/n L/n.

He knew he was down bad from the moment he saw her and couldn't stop thinking about her.

He loves the way she talks, the way she jokes, the questions she ask. He loves the way her hair looks whenever it rains, he loves how perfect her hair suits her when it's dry. He loves the way her eyes shine at stars and he loves the way she smiles whenever it's raining.

He loves everything about her, and he could risk it all for her. He wishes he could let her go, because he would just hurt her. But her hold on him is way too strong.

It makes Ran think that she's a witch, who casted a spell on him that made him love her. He cannot not love her. He tried to give up on her, for her own sake, but it just makes him want to cry.

He does not want her to be in danger just because he is a delinquent, and he cannot change anymore. He could try to protect her, but he is a walking danger for her. So he never bothered to ask her out officially.

He wants her safe, and he wants her to be his. And he wants to be hers.

No matter how much he wants to love her the way she deserves to be loved, he is dangerous for her. Actions speak louder than words, and yet he cannot act the way he needs to act for her, he cannot change for her, and it hurts him just as much as it would hurt him to get stabbed.

He loves her, and yet he cannot become better for her. He tried, but his past won't disappear. He will always be the infamous Ran Haitani, one of the Haitani brothers who rule Roppongi, and a delinquent who is not afraid to kill someone if it means he becomes famous and can rule Roppongi. He enjoys the look of fear, and that is something that no amount of magic potion can change.

Y/n L/n and Ran Haitani are two different people. One is a sweetheart who cannot hurt a fly, and one is a delinquent who thinks that other people's life mean nothing to him.

They are opposites, and they would be a catastrophe if they would ever get together.

One is a goodie two shoes, and one is the biggest walking red flag. They grew up different, they have different mentalities, and they live a very different lifestyle.

But there is one thing that they both have in common; they would both risk it all for each other.

Only love can make someone this crazy. And they are both inlove.

Y/n L/n is a goodie two shoes, but she would get her hands dirty if it meant they can be together.

Ran Haitani is the biggest walking red flag, but even tho he cannot change for her, he will show her just how much he loves her.

And maybe it won't take so long for them to finally love each other.

~ luvmochii_