Chapter XVI

Sometimes all you need is a push to do something that you are scared to do

But maybe that is not enough for Ran Haitani.

His fear is not something that he can help, his fear is not rejection or anything like that. His fear is that the girl he loves will get hurt.

And as much as he tried to get over her, he just can't.

So he is doing what any other sane person would do... Drink alcohol until the pain goes away.

"Ran, just fucking tell her" Rindou yelled at his older brother once he saw all the empty beer and wine bottles laying around in the living room. "You are making such a mess here bro, I ain't cleaning that up."

"No one told you to do so" Ran answered before shotgunning down another can of beer.

"Just tell her, dang it" the younger Haitani yelled again as he was taking away all the alcohol from his brother.

"It's not that easy" Ran said before laying down on the couch. "She is everything, I can't afford to lose her. If someone would hurt her I would never forgive myself."

"Do you seriously think she could get hurt?!" Rindou sat down infront of the couch, close to Ran.

"Have you seen her?" Ran looked at Rindou. "She finds lives so important that she would never be able to hurt a fly."

"Then you can protect her if you love her so much" the younger Haitani answered.

"I can't always be beside her. Rival gangs would find a way to hurt her" the older Haitani said.

"You are such a pussy" Rindou commented.

"Am not."

"Yes, you are" he answered as he looked at Ran. "You love her so damn much, but you cannot change for her. You love her so damn much, but you cannot protect her. You love her so damn much, but you're not doing anything to prove it. You love her so damn much, and yet you fear of a little pain that I am pretty sure she would accept for you. Because if you wanted to you would, but you are not doing anything. She would do everything, and that what makes you a pussy."