Chapter XI

"When you said it would be fun to come out in the rain, I didn't think you mean without an umbrella" Rindou told the girl in the front as he was following her

"Umbrella is for the weak" she answered with a laugh, as she was leading their little group of three in the middle of the night in the rain towards a place that the two brothers don't recognise.

"This isn't what I thought you want to do on a sleepover" Ran commented, not even being bothered by his wet clothes. He already expected that the girl would drag them out in the rain, and it only took 2 hours for the girl to think of the idea of going somewhere.

"I just like walking in the rain, and I want you both to understand why" Y/n answered, barely looking at the boys before looking back at the road.

"Even me?" Rindou asked from beside Ran. "I thought you only want to teach Ran to these stupid stuff."

"It's not stupid" she answered with a smile. "And yes, I want Ran to learn how to live. But I want you too to learn it. I want you both to see the beauty of living a life on this earth."

"There's nothing beautiful in here" Rindou commented. "It's boring here, every day is the same and people are becoming bigger assholes each day."

"Look, you know I'm open to understand your mentality" Ran started. "But there's nothing really beautiful in living. You just live, that's it. There is no point to deny it, the humanity is rotten already, soon there won't be a reason to live either."

"What do you think is the meaning of life?" Y/n asked, ignoring the comments.

"There isn't a meaning" Ran answered. "You just live."

"You are half right and half wrong" she laughed as she slowed down to walk in between the brothers. "The meaning of life is to live. That's why I want you both to learn how to live, and understand the beauty of living."

"What's so beautiful about it? You just exist" Rindou shrugged.

"So pessimistic for no reason" Y/n answered with a sigh. "The beauty of living is around you, and in you."