Chapter-14

It's been a while and currently, Seiran sat across from Ubuyashiki Kagaya, her hands folded in her lap, her expression a mix of resolve and nervousness. The master of the Demon Slayer Corps listened quietly, his serene smile never faltering as she spoke about their world, the demons, and the struggles they faced.

His eyes, though soft seemed to see right through her, and the calmness in the room was almost palpable. There was no judgment or shock in his demeanor, only a deep well of understanding and curiosity.

Kagaya finally spoke as he looked at her with the same calmness, "You have been through unfortunate events my child. I wish i could have helped you in any way..."

Seiran's eyes widened slightly in surprise as Kagaya finally spoke, his calm voice cutting through the stillness. Her heart felt a pang of warmth as he focused not on their whole lives story but specifically on her own experiences.

His words, simple yet sincere, made her feel seen and cared for. She hadn't expected such a gentle response, and it caught her off guard. A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

"Thank you master" She bowed with gratitude. Kagaya's smile remained soft and serene upon hearing her words of gratitude. He nodded slightly.

His voice was as gentle and soothing as ever as he replied, "There is no need to thank me, my child. I am simply listening with an open heart."

The master was such a kind man, he might only be a few years older than her but he was wise beyond his age. "Oyakata-sama, like I've said, our victory over demons depends on a boy and his sister"

Kagaya's expression remained the same as he leaned forward slightly, showing that he was listening intently.

"Yes, I remember you speaking about him previously," he said in a steady tone. "And his sister, who has been turned into a demon...can you tell me more about them?"

"Yes"

Meanwhile the other Hashiras arrived at the Ubuyashiki estate for their annual meeting, and Sanemi was amongst them, his face set in a frown. His grumbling under his breath didn't go unnoticed by the other hashiras as they made their way toward the meeting room.

As they walked, Sanemi was scanning their surroundings, his gaze searching for a familiar figure. "Damn it, where is she?" he muttered, his impatience growing with each step.

"What are you muttering about huh Shinazugawa? It's not flashy at all!" Sanemi's frown deepened as Tengen Uzui's voice cut through his thoughts. Sanemi spared him a scathing glare before grumbling back, "None of your f*cking business, Uzui."

He clenched his jaw, his irritation clear on his face. He wanted to find Seiran, and the nagging from Uzui was only adding to his impatience.

"Shinazugawa, Uzui, calm yourselves. Oyakata-sama will be here any minute" The stone hashira Himejima Gyomei warned them, his hands folded in a prayer while tears flowed sown his face like a river. The water hashira Tomioka Giyu arrived and took his seat wordlessly without paying any heed to the rest.

Sanemi and Tengen quieted down at Gyomei's warning. They knew the meeting would start soon, and the air was already growing tense. Sanemi's gaze flickered to Giyu, irritation still in his eyes.

Giyu's eyes wandered up to Sanemi when he felt the guy's glowering gaze at him. The water hashira's nonchalant behavior only added fuel to Sanemi's annoyance, and he couldn't help but scowl in response.

He gritted his teeth and muttered under his breath, "Always so goddamn impassive," before averting his gaze.

Soon kagaya arrived with Seiran, who took her seat beside the rest of the hashira. Kagaya smiled as he greeted them.