It hurts to be something

"You wouldn't happen to breathe fire, would you?" Judah asked his creature friend.

"Judah!" (Y/N) called.

"Woah! How do I know that you're (Y/N)!?" Judah asked. The creature beside him muttered gibberish. "Oh! You smell Elijah all over her? Okay, that's definitely her than." 

(Y/N) ignored the comment before ripping the vines off of him. "Wow, how'd you find me so fast?" Judah asked.

"I'm a navigator." (Y/N) showed him her pin, "Well, my dad was one, but I guess he passed the trait down to me." (Y/N) smiled.

"Cool!" Judah smiled as she tried to rip the vines off before one grabbed her leg and pinned her next to the creature.

"And now I'm stuck too." (Y/N) sighed before looking down, "What's your name?"

The creature chittered again. "Nice to meet your Rosco." (Y/N) smiled. Rosco suddenly sniffed before biting into a fruit on the vine.

"Hey, I want snacks!" Judah yelled. (Y/N) sighed, they were both kinda made for each other to be honest.

"I think those are rotten." She commented and both of them spit it out. Suddenly, the purple vines started tightening around them. "Judah, I don't think you should've eaten that."

"Ya think?!"

Rosco suddenly started to sniff violently before saying gibberish once again. (Y/N) guessed that that was his language.

"What? You smell three-in-one body shampoo?" (Y/N) asked.

"That's Micah!" Judah shouted, "MICAH!!!!"

Suddenly, tons of feet stomped on the ground as everyone found them. "Oh boy am I glad that you found us!"

"(Y/N)?! What're you doing getting trapped in here?" Shiloh asked.

"I have my backup weapon in my pocket, as you can see, my arms are tied up so I can't really get through the vines." (Y/N) sighed, suddenly dropping to the ground as Micah pulled the vines off of her.

"We need to move quickly before the maze moves again." Elijah said, (Y/N) carrying Rosco in her hands since Josiah was helping Shiloh.

"What is this exit of yours?" Shiloh asked the stranger.

"Oh, I believe the Velrites had a doorway leading to the ancient path." The stranger explained as they started running.

"The ancient doorways are all long gone." Micah than said.

"No, no, no, he's right. Mom wrote about a couple raelos that still had them intact!" Elijah corrected.

(Y/N) frowned before blinking her eyes again. "Exactly, there's a wall in this maze that isn't like the others that's blocking access to it." The stranger agreed with Elijah as they turned a corner. "With your help, I think we find a way to open it."

Suddenly, they all stopped as they came face to face with a scarecrow, "What is that?" Elijah asked.

(Y/N) squinted her eyes as a label on top read, Weeping Scarecrow. "Weeping Scarecrow. It can only move if we don't look at it." (Y/N) stared at it, blinking one eye at a time.

"How do you know this?" Shiloh asked her suspiciously.

"It tells me, right up there." (Y/N) pointed to the top of it, which to everyone else shows nothing.

"(Y/N)'s a navigator, of course she knows what it is." The stranger said as everyone started moving around it.

(Y/N) stayed with Shiloh as Elijah confirmed he had his eyes on it. "Shiloh." (Y/N) whispered, "Look." She pointed to a rainbow crystal.

Shiloh looked at her and (Y/N) nodded. "I've got your back." (Y/N) nodded.

"Thanks." Shiloh smiled slightly before limping towards it.

"Shiloh, what're you doing?" Elijah asked before turning to (Y/N), "(N/N)..."

"She knows what she's doing, Elijah." Was all (Y/N) said before Elijah turned his head slightly, averting his eyes to hear a monstrous sound before turning back.

The Weeping Scarecrow was right over Shiloh as (Y/N) stared at it. Shiloh handed (Y/N) the necklace as (Y/N) helped Shiloh walk away from the scarecrow before meeting everybody back.

"It's you." Elijah said as they all gathered together, "You're the one who's been taking back the artifacts from the different Raelos we've gone to. And you've got (Y/N)."

"Elijah, it's not Shiloh's fault. I was-"

"No." Elijah said sternly, "Do you know how dangerous that is? Taking those things from the Raelos?! The runaway energy could be explosive!"

"Only mom used to do that." Judah realized.

"Why... Why would you two..." Elijah than realized why they were both doing these things, "You're trying to find mom. Shiloh... She's gone..."

"You don't know that." Shiloh said, struggling to not cry.

"She went on a mission, and never came back."

"We can find her." Shiloh defended.

"Shiloh, we tried. We all tried." Elijah said before being interupted.

"Weeping Scarecrow!" (Y/N) shouted.

"As soon as we round that corner, we run as a group." Shiloh said, "And take too many pathways for it to follow."

They all turned the corner before following the strangers guides, they passed multiple hallways and openings before stopping on sand covered grounds. Huh... Why did the ground change to sand?

"Guys... We've got another problem!" (Y/N) shouted as something under the sand starting moving towards them.

"Run!" Elijah shouted, taking (Y/N)'s hand as they all ran after the stranger with the directions.

As a few other people ran past a clearing, Shiloh yelled stop as Josiah realized it was the beacon that was setting off the other raelos.

"This is broadcasting the signal." Josiah realized as he took a look at the parts, "This is definitely what's messing with the other raelos."

 (Y/N) stared out the door way in case the Weeping Scarecrow came back. "Well, maybe we should just break it and hurry up! We always end up breaking stuff anyways, right?"

"Whoever did this distilled the gamachin from the vines. This would've taken forever to have made enough of it." Elijah realized.

"How do we destroy it?" Micah asked.

"We gotta go!" Judah shouted as Michelle and him stared out to the end of the hallway.

The stranger took a piece of the beacon before running away. They all followed quickly through the maze, not wanting whatever was chasing them to follow.

The stranger stopped in a few hallways before saying, "It's in this area."

"The maze has probably changed since you were last here. Everybody split up and search an are for a doorway!" Elijah shouted.

(Y/N) stayed by the stranger before turning to him, "How'd you know exactly what part to pull from the machine?" (Y/N) asked before she collapsed on the ground, coughing hard and being dragged away.