🌺Family Dinner🌺

Adhira

When is it 7 pm already? My heart thumps around my ribcage, electricity jolts down my body. What would I wear? Would I compliment him well? What if dad hates him and say no for-

no for what? It's not like him and I are really something right?

I pick up my phone to check for the news, our couple photos are still online sensations. Vaidehi said it would take some time to cool down the news.

I rush through my cupboard which is messy and all the colors mixed up with each other, mostly in rolls.

Nightmare!

I muster up the courage to find a dress that would compliment Samar tonight.

I find one... well I don't want any wardrobe malfunctions so I finally end up choosing a simple brown dress which I know would compliment my silhouette. It is a safe option for now.

Before I change, I notice it's only 5 pm yet. I managed to mess up most of my time jumping on my bed and kicking my sheets.

Well Time management should be one skill I must remove from my resume.

Samar is coming! Samar is coming to my house! My home!

I rush up towards the kitchen as sudden plan of making something for him strike me.

I dial Mahika 's number, Aarav bhai notice her name on my screen and I hide it. "None of your business!" I sass at Aarav bhai for absolutely no reason and he raised both his hands, backing off with a fake terrified expression.

"Hello Adhira-"

"Help me make something sweet!" I almost scream in excitement.

"Well you always make the best snacks." Her tone is calm and composed. She is mostly too busy to pick up any calls but I'm glad she did.

"But you own a bakery don't you?"

"I see. I will send you an easy safe recipe ok?" I say thankyou to her, tell her how much she means to me and how much I miss her presence and how much I love her.

I notice the ingredients and assemble them one by one. She sent me a recipe of Coffee cheesecake. I know this is actually not found anywhere but it is her own great recipe. She made several desserts and now owns two small but wholesome bakeries, One in London and other here in Mumbai. She rarely manage to physically be here in India so she manage it from there only.

I love her!

I start with the preparations and hear my mom coming with her vegetables and some helpers. "Need my help?" She asks washing onions and mincing garlic.

"No I will do it myself." I couldn't stop the lingering smile afterwards.

I keep the cheesecake, preparing the frosting, sweet coffee flavor and as the clock hit 6 pm, I rush upstairs to change my dress.

Light makeup, dress, hair done! Everything done! It should be perfect. It should be perfect! I chatter again and again while dressing up.

A sweet chocolate-vanilla perfume was placed on the cupboard, I remember Eshani gifting it to me.

Use it when you want a really lasting love. *winks*

Her words ring in my ears and I hold that bottle in my hand.

Thump

Thump

Thump

I spray a little on my chest, my wrist, my neck.