🌺Precious🌺

Adhira

It's been a week since my last encounter with Samar. August ended and September has started here. I look out from my window tiny droplets surround it and Eshani brings a cup of hot coffee. I have no idea why she came here in London with me when she wanted to pursue PhD after her masters but she was really persistent. 

"Have you heard from Samar?" Her question shook my entire existence and our last encounter simmered up my cheeks. I don't want to remember him because when I do I know what it does to me. 

"Your parents are coming here, aren't they?" She rubs my shoulder asking. Since my last Runaway got successful, I have been a news. 

Adhira- The fashion Genius. 

I couldn't help but laugh at the Irony of those people who were mocking me days before about how bad I looked beside Samar and how perfect couple Lana and Samar make. The same people are praising me now that I am successful. 

So basically I am valid only when I look good or am useful? 

I shake my thoughts away the thoughts that belonged to Samar once. I am no more his and he is no more mine yet I am becoming like him. 

My thoughts about life, people and only wearing rose tinted glasses to see the lies have been cleared. Eshani walks out from the room without getting any answer. Maybe she understood something that I did not. 

I notice it's been 10 am already and normally the lights of the apartment in front of mine are on. 

Samar and Vedansh wake up before us, go for running. I watch them everyday from my window waiting for their return and then Vedansh leave for business and Samar wearing his camera. I am happy at least they are together now. 

I dial Vedansh's phone number but he hangs up the phone. He never picked up my call from past 6 months but only texted me. 

I don't feel like texting him today, I am too tired. It would be our daily update over if Samar had food properly, if he is doing well, if his mom and dad are happy... if he is missing me. 

I never get the answer to last question. 

I scroll up our chats, the only way I somehow feel closer to Samar no matter if I need Vedansh for that. He is doing fine... Today he had strawberry tarts and loved them, he is having the soup he loves it, he is having dinner with family, he works well... 

Fine? He is having nightmares. Loved the soup? He said it tasted awful! 

I dial the number again, he hangs up. I do it again, he hangs up again. 

When I dial for the third time, I start walking towards their door in my pajamas. Stomping my feet on the wet floor, I reach their door thumping loudly on it. 

It opens quickly and my fist lands on Samar's chest which is harder than the wooden door of their entrance. I look up at him, He is standing between the dim light of the rainy late morning and the darkness of their apartment. Clearly he is not even hurt by my unintentional punch. 

"Where is Vedansh?" His jaw clench for probably no valid reason. 

"Why?"

"This is not an answer!" his eyes travel from my face to my pajamas set. 

"He is out." He notice the rain outside and I am already half drenched. "Come inside." He leaves some space for me but I don't enter. 

"I should head back instead." He looks at my top and I look down and realize I have been wearing a white pajama set and been standing in the rain. The little unicorns do not help much to hide the transparency of the top. I should wear a bra from next time. 

I suck in my lips before taking a step in, hiding well my breasts by folding my arms around it. 

"Sit on the couch." He says rubbing his head, his eyes were looking down instead of my-. I sit quietly, embarrassment rushing through my veins. 

He comes back with a towel, a long t shirt and some hot tea. 

"You don't have to-" He glares at me which weights on me such that my body keeps sitting still and my words don't come out from my throat. There is something really dominating about him, he gets what he wants. His eyes are so expressive that he don't need big words to make a person submit to him. 

He don't need words but his actions say it all. 

In less than half minute, I find him standing in front of me. My eyes inevitably gets stuck on his lower body. I feel the towel moving on my head and somewhere the headache that almost built was getting suppressed with slow massages from the towel. 

He used a blow drier on mild heat and a microfiber towel, his fingers gently touched my hair. Not more not less. I hold back a sneeze but it comes out. 

"What were you doing out there in rain?" His throat vibrates and he lowers his body to match my height. His eyes light up with something mysterious. 

"I was looking for Vedansh." I notice his lips but focus on his eyes again. 

"Why?" He asks again before getting my hair done and making me wear the t shirt. I don't say anything. What would I tell him? That I have been asking for him for last six months in secret like a desperate ex? He lifts up my face softly, his gaze dangerously drop on my lips and I unknowingly bite the lower lip trying to look away. He taps on my jaw twice, his fingers feel rough against my skin. "Why?" 

"We needed help with cooking and-" 

"I am back-" Vedansh stands at the door and Samar give him a death stare in front of me. He raise both his hands and leaves the scene immediately. 

"So you were so desperate to find help for cooking that you were banging my door." He neared my face, his fingers tightened on my cheeks. "Wearing that? and you had no patience to wait till the rain ends?" He is so close that I could smell mint and amber wood. 

"You can't tell me what to do." I struggle to speak. "You have been wandering with Lana in parties." words come out from my mouth and as much as I didn't want him to know but jealousy reflects with every word. 

"So that means you would hit on my best friend?" I push him and dial Vedansh's number again, it rings in one of the room and I run from Samar but he doesn't approach me but stand at the spot with a smile on his face. 

I will find his phone and would hit him for not picking my call. If he had picked up my call and turned on his lights, I would have- I found the phone kept on the bed, ringing. 

I pick it up and read the name on the screen...

Precious🌺

It was him. I was talking to Samar about Samar all along. Asking about his health, how much I regret lying to him, how much I miss him all the time. How happy it would make if he gets everything in the world. How I think I was just a phase to him. 

Samar knew I lied about Vedansh's father and yet he played all this time like he didn't knew anything. 

My heart stops and I look at the wall in front of me- filled with my photos with dates under them. I take a step back and my body collide with his. 

"Apologize." He whispers into my ear. "Now." 

If you ever feel dumb then remember Adhira asked about her ex from him only. Excited for the next chapter? Will update soon😉

Keep reading, upvoting and comment down guys!