🌺Rain🌺

Adhira

My eyes shot up and I notice him adjusting his lens, capturing the rain outside. Rains are beautiful, everything about rain is beautiful isn't it? 

"Do you like rain?" I take his t shirt and wear it, blushing at the thought of wearing his clothes. His camera turn towards me and he click a shot of me sitting in his t shirt. The room was very clean and he was dressed up looking neat whereas I found myself in a messed up state. 

"Yes, but only from a distance." He smile looking at his camera. "I'm more into flowers, lately." why his words are always twisted like that?

Why does he keep smiling like that?

"I love the rain. To drench in it completely." I remember how me and bhai used to dance in the rain. We were kids and then he left for further studies, I had less communication with him. 

Samar come towards me, placing a kiss on my forehead. My phone starts ringing suddenly and before I pick it up, Samar put it on the speaker after reading the name on it. 

"Adhira! Since there is a gap between the Haldi and Wedding now, Why don't you come and help us with the runaway project in between." Samar's face turn into something serious. "We asked you because you prove to be most helpful." It was Seb, the guy who gave the idea of me approaching Samar. 

I would be glad to help but because of my previous weakness Doctor did ask me to take some rest. Should I say no?

"Seb." Samar says on the call and drop dead silence is there now. I clench his arm to stop him saying anything further. "Don't you know about her previous conditions?" He takes a deep breath "You are making her overwork... She can't say no that doesn't mean you would keep burdening her just because you can."

"Samar I didn't mean to-"

"Do you want me to tell Shekhar sir about this... You would be better of in Australia branch I think?" He clench my phone in his wrist. 

"It won't happen again." His voice turns low and Samar hang up the phone. 

"Isn't he the same guy who used to make you run with those bundle of files when you were an intern?" He throw daggers through his eyes. 

"It was fun..."

"Fun?" he laugh sarcastically "You worked so much that you couldn't attend Lohri that year. Your eyes had dark circles all over and-" I held his face and pulled him into a kiss. 

My eyes were clenched and I could feel his cheeks getting hot. When I left him he didn't say anything further. 

"why- wait- what..." He looked away from me, holding his face. His cheeks turned pink and his heartbeat turned loud. 

"You noticed all that?" I hugged him tightly. "Thankyou Samar." 

"We worked together so my mom and dad kept asking me to take care of you." I closed my eyes feeling his hand massaging my scalp. "You should stop being so vulnerable. People are bad." I nod. I wear a long skirt with full sleeves blouse leaving my hair open. 

The rain stopped but the weather was still cloudy. Trees changed into a more beautiful shade of green after being washed by the rain. I held his hand and take him out. "What about the umbrella?" He asked but before he could carry one, We found us outside on the streets. 

Everything brightens up after the rain. The flowers, the leaves, color of the walls. I take a deep breath and the smell of mud after rain engulfs me into a hug. 

"It would rain and then you would get drenched in it and then you will catch cold." Samar sigh but his attention went towards our connected hands. "You like are a teleportation button." He laughs within himself.