🌺You can tell me anything🌺

Adhira

"Welcome to the first conference of Blooming Dales. As you are well aware, we plan the biggest events- from catering to outfits to photography-" Mr. Shekhar's eyes point towards Samar "We have decided to build the best team for our coming project!" He starts the projector and our achievement of last project shows up. It was a Runaway Show sponsored by our company and the video showed all behind the scenes.

The Assistant running after Samar with a jar of coffee while he was reluctant to move away from the camera. I was there at the last moment fixing Lana's dress, the model from before. Samar couldn't hide a tinge of smile as if it was him recording everything I did there. The jury sitting there and all the event managers rushing to make everything perfect. Lights, curtains, snacks, outfits and last minute cancellation of plans! Oh those were hell of six months.

Blooming Dales is a dream of many but to achieve a dream of being one of us would definitely cost one their sleep and peace. 

Watching the video we realized how hard we work to maintain the glory of this company. It is a remainder to us who we are and what we are capable of doing and an inspiration to the new people gathered here! The video ends adding a new spark of motivation and hope in every heart. 

"Let's give a round of applause to each one of them who worked hard." Everyone clapped at Mr. Shekhar's words. The new interns praised me and every gaze was on us. "Let me introduce to your new senior consultant of the Fashion Designer department." Mr. Shekhar smiled proudly "Ms. Adhira Sharma!" I stood up with a smile and noticed how everyone got so happy for my promotion. 

"Thankyou, everyone! I welcome the new interns whole-heartedly. Let us make the best team and make our next project even bigger success!" Everyone clapped with their hearts filled with joy.

Shekhar sir continued "Now let me introduce you to our new Senior Photographer. Well you all already know him. 3 times winner of Fine Art Photography award and representative of 4 Vogue covers- Mr. Samar Mehra." The whispers from conference started and seductive stares from girls were obvious. 

He stood up and I clapped, the others joined me hesitantly. "Thankyou." He settled down.

"Is this some school introduction?" He whispered and I kicked his toe. "Ouch!" He looked annoyed already. "Fine! I will sit like a dummy then." 

God help me!

"This time we are taking up weddings!" He showed the next slide of the projector. Samaira Mukherji, Indian actress and a big name in entertainment Industry. "You all know her. She got proposed last month." The face of almost every man dropped there. "To Ronald Wilson, British poet!" They do look so cute together, I can't hide the sparkle in my eyes watching their clips. "They are planning to get hitched in two months so-"

"Two months to plan a wedding?" Tina, his assistant almost spilled her black tea in haste. "I- I am sorry." 

"Yes! Two months to plan a wedding." Mr. Shekhar hid his amused smile. "But is there anything Blooming Dales can't do?" and the room had a pin drop silence. He cleared his throat and adjusted his tie awkwardly to which Samar rolled his eyes. "They want their whole wedding to be like a movie." He looked at Samar.

"I am supposed to be a photographer right?" Samar scrunched his eyebrows. "Right?" He emphasized this time.

"We all know you filmed the shots earlier." 

"But-"

"Samaira is a fan of your work so it is settled, next is her outfits."

"Bro is he for real?" He groaned in a whisper. "That is just a hobby not something they decide to shove down into my-" He noticed me and teethed "My ass..." 

"We all have more than 50 new interns and 6 executives for each function. Adhira would handle all of it." 

"How many functions are exactly there?" I ask considering the time we all need.

"Engagement, Haldi, Mehndi, Sangeet, Bachelor's, Wedding, Reception " he fumbled "There would be two weddings actually for both cultures." I smile at his answer.

"She is doing everything with a fragrance of our culture." I looked at Samar blabbering. "She sounds wonderful."

"She sounds dreadful, the whole idea of it." Samar replied staring at his watch, playing with his dial. "All this drama just to be divorced after 2 years or so." He sigh and notice everyone leaving. "And we get to be the side characters of their life."

"But they seem to be so much in love and We are not side characters." I hit him with my elbow. "At least not in the eyes of your camera." I point my finger towards his camera lens. "Thanks for doing what you did in the last project, and please give me a clip of that." His face is like a big question mark right now.

"Do you even realize the proximity of this situation? We have a fucking wedding to manage in just two months." He give me a look of disbelief scanning my eyes, left to right. "Can you even manage all these new interns?" 

"Of course I can!" I notice everyone left and it's just the two of us left in the room. "And so would you." He rolled his eyes again. 

"You and your strawberry scented bullshit." he cursed again.

"About strawberries..."I remembered the first day he mumbled in his sleep and the other day I felt him smelling my hair. He realized what I was talking about and his face changed noticeably and his Adam's apple bobbed up and down. "What is the deal with you and strawberries?"

"What- uh I just-" He turns his head towards the vacant seats and then at me. "nothing." He took his camera and proceeded to leave but I hooked my fingers inside his watch and made him sit, instead. 

"Look at me then?" My day tends to cease whenever his honey eyes lock into mine. 

"Samar" I say his name hiding unsaid questions.

"Adhira" He replies with unsaid answers.

"You can tell me anything. You know that, right?" I whisper under a deep breath. I don't exactly know what I expect to hear from him. 

Maybe I don't want to hear something professional but deeply personal. Maybe I want him to tell me that he smiled while recording me in the last project and he does not find my pictures ugly like I do. A deep dark corner inside my heart wants to know if he felt the same when I held his hand this morning? I want him to tell me that he is also excited to work with me. 

The anything I want to hear sounds so selfish to exist.

"Thankyou." His eyes dilates and tells me something entirely apart, something more elaborate than it was meant in this situation. "And save me from further situations." he whispered, grazing the back of his hand on my cheekbone, his lips were parted. I moved my hand away from his watch and he stood up to leave. "There is a lot to do Adhira." He looked at the wall opposite to us.

"There is a lot to do, indeed." I smiled staring at his face.

**Mr. Shekhar's office**

"We did it!" I walked inside almost dancing. Tina hid a large smile and adjusted her rectangular glasses. 

"YOU did it." Mr. Shekhar said. "Thankyou Adhira!" He shake his head watching my happy dance. "You did something impossible." We high-fived. "How does he feel about the wedding?" He pressed his temple.

"About that..." I sighed "Well he thinks it's dreadful." I notice a little frustration on his face. "But is there anything that Blooming Dales can't do?" and the frustration disappeared in a second away. "Sir, do you think it is a good idea to make him direct movie of the wedding?" His face shows a clear sign of hope.

"I think it would lead him towards a new dimension." he signed some papers and Tina held them. She gave me an awkward smile and left the room. "It's high time that he should leave being rotten in his cabin"

"You're so right on that, sir! It smells like coffee all the time." I really hope Samar gets to do something he is passionate about.

Their first project would start from the next part. 

Read, vote and comment!