🌺Ceremonies🌺

5 months later: February' 2025

Adhira 

The crowd turning all Yellow at the point, I am dressed in a beautiful yellow dress- It's our Haldi. Samar proposed me on 15th September' 2024 but our parents made it a huge deal to take their time with all the events. We waited till the second week of February' 2025 and finally after our small intimate engagement, we are having the other ceremonies. 

Samar used to meet me hiding from everyone, at midnight he sneaked into my bedroom and before morning he left. It felt like we were teenagers bunking from the school to meet each other. 

I designed my Haldi dress. The advantage of taking a break in between is that I got to design all my dream dresses for the wedding and of course for Samar also. 

Samar walked in with Vedansh while Eshani, Vaidehi and Mahika were running here and there with all the work

Samar and I decided to get married here in Jaipur. We fell in love here- with the pink sky and thandai and it isn't hot here in February. 

"You look beautiful, precious." He kissed my forehead and went to his corner where Haldi is being applied on him. 

Eshani, Mahika and, Vaidehi sit besides me but my eyes roam everywhere but could not find one glimpse of Bhai. He is not with Mehra uncle and Papa. Mehra uncle couldn't stop cracking those- "Ab ladki humari hai Adhveer "Jokes. (Now your girl belongs to us.)

Mumma and Chanda Aunty are busy pointing out the perfect round ladoos directions before they all join Samar's Haldi. 

"Where is Bhai?" I nudge Eshani with my Elbow. She frowns and looks for him everywhere. "God! If he miss my Haldi I swear!" 

A loud voice of falling water comes from the front and I find Samar coated in water full of Haldi, from his hair to his toes. Aarav bhai was standing behind him with a smirk holding a huge tub that he just emptied on Samar. 

"Happy haldi Jija ji" He walked in front of him. "Ab ladka hua humara." He smirked at Mehra Uncle and everyone started laughing even Mehra uncle. (Now your boy belongs to us.) 

He turned towards me, his eyes getting soft. "And you." He sit on his knees. "You can always, always call me, meet me and get back if he makes you cry even for a bit." 

"He would never make me cry bhai." I curl my arms to hug him. 

I notice a tall frame behind him, standing with his arms crossed. Aarav bhai turns and notice him. "He is my friend Agastya." 

"You have friends?" I raise an eyebrow something is definitely wrong with them. Agastya nod at me once and disappear somewhere in the dark before any of my friends could see him. 

Samar's Haldi comes in a beautiful pot, mine is mixed with his. I see Samar sitting in front of me, completely cladded in Haldi. He got rid of his old Beard, he smiles and I know what is he trying to tell me. 

The day of Samaira's Haldi when he applied his Haldi on me unknown of what it means- Now it feels like it was always a sign from above that we were meant for each other. 

Mom, my friends and everyone apply that Haldi on me and then we take photos. The hands were really light on me while applying but Samar was completely coated in it. 

Everyone went wild on the dance floor and Samar pulled me backstage, his arms stuck on my naked waist. "Kiss me." He demands and there could be anyone who see us. He makes puppy eyes and move further. 

"Samar! Someone would come!" 

"So what? You are my wife now!" He snap and move his lips on mine before I could correct that I am still his fiancé. "There is still a day Jaan." He stops and pulls back his face. 

"What did you say?" the color of his blood rush towards his cheeks as I say again- Jaan. "The way you say it could make me move mountains for you, you know that?" He nuzzled his nose on mine and we got ready for the Mehndi. 

His name is imprinted on my hands with a beautiful design. My best friends also get occupied after checking for everything. Eshani is looking after the guests, Mahika is looking for the aesthetics and photographs, Vaidehi is commanding over last minute emergencies. 

"Now the groom would not be allowed to meet the bride till the day of wedding." Mom announces to which Samar gets sour and roll his eyes. I giggle watching him enjoying everything. 

He was so hyped up for the wedding that he did a whole audition on National level for the photographers and asked Vedansh to do the same in the department of Catering. The five months sound a huge time but everyone wanted it to be so grand. 

Not like I am complaining or anything. 

Samar also gets a small design on his hand. Vaidehi doesn't apply Mehndi, she opts for a small floral design on her palm when we all insist. 

I also invited Samaira for all the rituals but she could not make it from UK. I heard Samaira's wedding became a mess because of the media intruding way more than necessary. This was the reason why Samar strictly prohibited any media to capture photographs. 

He only trusted his hand-picked photographers for the wedding ceremonies. 

I got engrossed in the thoughts of starting my new life with Samar. It would be beautiful and perfect in every way. It would be a big change to leave my home and live with him. He told me not to worry about pleasing anyone even himself but if a man loves you so much, it is something uncalled for. 

Samar settle down beside me, tucking my hair away with his knuckles. "Overthinking again precious?" He reads me like an open book. "Are people making you nervous? Should I ask everyone to leave the fuck from-"

I hold his face and let myself loose for a moment in his eyes, his pupils dilate covering the honey pool with darkness in which I see my face. I glide my hands on his cheeks. "I am so lucky Samar." we both share a meaningful silence. 

"You have nothing to worry about Adhira. I will handle everything." He held my shoulder, planting a soft kiss on my forehead. "I love you." 

"I love you too, husband to be." I wink to which he returns a smile. 

Do you like Indian Ceremonies? I so love a big fat Indian Wedding! 

Keep reading guys! Comment and Upvote.