🌺Photograph🌺

Adhira

In the morning I find myself in a room, blanket covering me and in a loose t shirt covering my dress.

Samar is watching the view downstairs from his window, his arm flexing. I could still see his wound.

"You're finally up." He says without turning at me. "Get ready for the family breakfast."

Why would I be getting ready for his family breakfast-
Oh.

As I try to remove my t shirt and the locket gets stuck into my hair. I struggle to get out from it only to fail.

"Stay still." His voice echoes in the previous silent room and he gently remove the string that was holding the locket.

"Thanks." I attempt to touch up my hair using my fingers.

"I'm leaving you some pair of clothes." He placed a comfortable outfit.

I couldn't help but held his hand, he could've resisted me or maybe pushed myself away but he did not. My grip was weak enough for him to yank me away.

"Your hand."

"It's fine-" I move towards the nearest table where a hankey is placed. I don't know where the first aid is.

"I know but I don't want your father to notice it and make a scene." I sit beside him, our arms brushing softly. The hankey covers his wound from last night.

"Were you so angry at me that you" unknowingly my fingers brushed over his but he said nothing. "That you hurt yourself."

"Then would you want me to hurt you instead?" His palm turned into a fist when I nod, softly.

"It would've been better." I say, my eyes fixated on the floor. "Your father loves you." I move my head to see him, his face changes.

He just nods, silently.

"I can stop pretending if you're not comfortable."

"What will you say then?" He breaks the eye contact now staring at the window in front of us.

"I will say that I dumped you." He laugh, after days of silence... I see his laugh.

"I see and everyone would believe that hm?" He stands up and turns looking down at me. "They know you. You could never dump anyone." His voice drops. "No matter how worse they are."

He is not entirely wrong at that. Adhira has a record of always getting dumped.

I feel his fingers brushing away a loose strand of my hair. "Breakfast in 15 minutes hm?" I nod as he leaves the room.

Dressing up wasn't a huge task. Afterall the outfit was casual and comfortable so I decided to take my fill of his room's scenery. A huge window placed in front of me. A white bed.

One Olive wall behind the bed and others of cream color, polaroids of monuments, people, animals, events... Decorated on one of his wall. A white very comfortable bed and white furniture.

His room is a perfect contrast of light and dark. Would he feel cringe if he ever saw mine. It's all pastel pink and pastels and my favourite musicians photographs, a huge closet.

Unlike his office cabin, his room is huge yet minimal. Maybe when Samar used to get tired of everything, he used to find peace here.

Beside the bed, there is a small table where a photo frame is placed but it is facing downwards. I held the photo frame to take a look at it.

Two boys seemingly 17-18 years old, grinning towards the camera. They both were wearing black t shirts and one boy had a camera in his hand, he was Samar and the other was showing a middle finger.