🌺Pity🌺

Adhira

I wake up with the rays of sun glazing the pastel pink walls of my room. I turn towards my side and find Samar already staring. For a moment I forget everything happened last night, the way he said he loved me and then we slept together.

His lips curl into a soft smile, a soft gentle smile that I rarely see.

How perfect this moment would have been if I had not been sinking with the weight of the secret. I wish I never knew about it I wish it wasn't me who had to tell him.

"Samar." My voice comes out lower than in my head. "There is something I want to tell you." I breathe as he nod softly, shifting his body towards mine.

"Say it precious." Precious.

I close my eyes, inhaling trying to come up with something that would hurt him a bit less. "Vedansh-"

"What about him?" When I open my eyes, his face turned opposite of what it was. His muscles were tensed and his eyes had rage in them.

"You don't talk at all right?" I sit up staring at the wall in front of me, the flowers he got for me yesterday placed on the shelf. "There is something you don't know."

I turned my head towards him, he was also sitting beside me. He must be having all the flashbacks from past. "Why would you bring him up right now?" He clenched his fist so hard, it turned white.

"Vedansh- he hid. His father- You should-" My hands started shaking to say it. "He lost his father around an year ago."

Samar's face turned into pure horror, the anger, frustration, hatred he held felt so small than the hurt in his eyes. "Rakesh Uncle-" He broke and held his hair. He turned his face towards me.

He stood up the next moment and left the room before I could process anything else. Maybe he shed a tear or two but he went away so fast.

I wear my clothes and quickly run towards bhai's room knocking his door with teary eyes. He opened the door- his face was sleepy.

"I need the car keys." I forward my shaky hand.

"Who taught you driving?"

"Give me the fucking keys Aarav Sharma! This is not a joke." I break down but before he could ask anything else, I snatch the keys placed on the table and ran outside.

I call Vaidehi to ask for Vedansh' s address. She doesn't ask any questions, she get my situation. When Vedansh didn't tell Samar there is no way Vaidehi knows about it either.

I drive in full speed chanting hanuman chalisa. I can't die right now! I have to be there for Samar.

I stop in front of a white big mansion, Samar' s car parked in a terrible manner. There were people gathered around in light colored clothes. I came fast as I saw Samar walking towards Vedansh.

I overheard some people talking about today being 'barsi' of Vedansh' s father. He left us last year on the same date.

Oh God this is bad!

Vedansh was standing with a plate, decorated with white flowers and some fruits. The pandit ji was blessing him.

I slowly kept walking behind Samar.

Vedansh' s plate was about to fell but Samar supported it and stood beside him.

Vedansh turned towards Samar, they both shared a look. Vedansh was confused and guilty while Samar was betrayed and angry but neither of them said anything.

There were small girls sitting, Vedansh was serving him one thing and Samar served them another. They both didn't say a word and neither fight.

I was scared that Samar would punch him or break down but he quietly helped him.