🌺His locket🌺

Adhira 

All eyes wandered between the four chair distance where I and Samar were seated. Everyone was there. My family, his family, my friends, his- well past friend. Vedansh declared it in front of everyone that Me and Samar are together. He hid a silent smile but I could spot it, Samar was finding something on the ground. 

Well maybe our little dignity that was left? 

"What are you saying? They are just work friends right?" Mehra uncle whisper at him. 

"Yes, but uncle... Samar and Adhira are together. He was there with her for the whole night and-" Suddenly everyone's notifications pop up at the same time.

Today's hot gossip! 

The infamous Samar Mehra is dating the new princess of Fashion Designing- Adhira Sharma. Netizens found them being cozy at the Airport. Guess the grumpy Samar Mehra could not resist the charm of Adhira? 

Some netizens say he is doing it to mend his reputation. Anyhow! Praying for all the broken hearts. 

The gossip starts overflowing in the ground and all eyes hook upon us. Another notification pop up, Me and Samar on the Airport with him holding me. 

Are we really supposed to be that popular? 

Mahika place her arm gently on my shaking leg and Vaidehi starts calling in various departments to take the news down. 

"Is it true Adhira?" Mehra uncle asks me but I look at Samar, his expression did not change at all. Weird sensations starts flowing up inside me like the day I had panic attacks and before I could say anything-

"Yes." Samar stands up, hiding his bleeding hand somehow. "We are together." He holds his breath and with his one sentence everybody starts clapping. The gazes that were judging me, that were gossiping about us shut at once as he accepted it. 

"Really?" Aarav bhai raised his eyebrow. "When and how then?" He ask in absolute mockery. 

"Well we... met before 2 month-" Samar cuts me off. 

"It was me. I liked her." He finally looked at me. It was a lie, I know pretty well. He never liked me, never acknowledged my presence before I forcefully walked into his life. It was me, always me.

"She rejected me for two years and then finally accepted my proposal and became my girlfriend." Everyone started giggling and he gave me a look to play along too. For a moment when his words slipped through his tongue I wished for a fraction it was true. What if it was true that Samar actually liked me? Loved me? The idea of him wandering before me, noticing me did something to my stomach. 

But a lie. It was just a lie wasn't it?

"Then why is Adhira not saying anything about it?" Mehra uncle asks.

"She is the shy kind. Why would My Girl needs to explain anything to anyone?" He turns towards his father. "Everyone is making her nervous." He walks towards me holding a hankey and starts to wipe the sweat. "Smile." He whispers and I pass everyone a shy smile. 

He held my arm from his other hand. "Now we are leaving. She is not well already." His arm moved towards the small of my back and he guided me away from the crowd. 

The good old protective Samar Mehra is back. His stern face with no smile at all and his muscular arms holding me in a firm grip. Does it really feels this safe being his- his someone. 

I find us cornering on the same wall with Bougainville decoration. The difference was that this time there were no flowers but only leaves. There was no smile on his face, his eyes were not glowing like before.