GoodBye To You All

Sonic cried in his room as he sniffed and leaned on the wall.

He was broken hearted. He can hear the screams and slashing outside.

He whispered as he closed his eyes and whimpered as he muttered, "Please stop... Please stop... It's scary. This is too much... I can't take it."

That was when he heard a tap on the window pain.

He opened his eyes and stood up before he rushed to it.

He opened the windows and entered into the balcony while the sky filled an orange and yellow glow from the fires that roared.

He asked hesitantly, "H-Hello...? A-Anyone there??"

He then got spooked at the female demon echidna before him.

It was Tikal 'who was sent by her brother'.

Sonic asked softly, "Are you Knuckles sister? He told me about you. What are you doing here?"

Tikal answered him with a sharp tone, "It's getting worst. Knuckles couldn't take it anymore. He decided to run away from this war. But he send me to tell you that he needed to leave even if it means leaving you behind. I haft to stay behind and... But not before letting you know about what Knuckles is doing. It took about 3 tries to escape. I had to lead him out of the servants quarters."

Sonic then said suddenly, "Then let me come with!"

Tikal was surprised at this before she asked, "Are you sure about this? You are the purest angel. And I have no regrets meeting you and all. But..."

Sonic answered, "But nothing!! I'm coming with... I can't stay here. I love him and I want to be with him. Please Tikal. Let me go with him."

Tikal 'knowing this was a parent and a worry for the two lovers to be apart' replied, "Okay your highness. I will lead you to him. Meet me at the entrance of the woods near the goddess princesses castle."

She left just after Sonic nodded in agreement.

Sonic looked at the battlegrounds before looking behind and gasped 'seeing a shocked Juleka behind him'.

She had heard everything. She walked to her brother and said calmly but sternly, "So. You are in love with the demon prince. I knew there was something off."

Sonic sniffs and replied, "Love happens Juleka. You wouldn't understand."

Juleka looks down and said, "But it's forbidden Sonic. No one will allow this. Not even me!! He's a Demon. You're an Angel."

Sonic replied to her coldly, "It doesn't matter. I want to be with him. I love him Juleka. This war is tearing us apart. The goddess princesses are getting super mad at this. I will leave with my love. Even if it means throwing my title as the purest Angel away."

Juleka then had a saddened expression. Hearing her brother saying that really stung.

She paused her movements and said, "Brother, you don't need to do this. Aren't you afraid of being exiled?"

Sonic looks at his sister and replied, "Already too late for me. This war has infected everyone. Manic included. It's the main reason he disappeared. He was turning into a dark angel."

Juleka let out a gasp in horror before she said in sorrow, "No... Not our older brother."

Sonic nodded in somber as Juleka begged in tears, "Sonic please. Don't go... I know things are not great but please don't go."

Sonic turned away and said, "I'm sorry Juleka. Sorry it had to be this way. But this war. It's getting worst. Our people are getting infected with the darkness and light. I haft to leave with him. Maybe you and the family will understand one day. Until then, you will never see me again. Goodbye Juleka. You and Manic were always my calmest siblings."

He then left as Juleka had tears in her eyes. Sonia 'who had entered to apologize' saw her brother leaving for good.

Sonia 'in tears' was going to go after him but Juleka stopped him and said, "Let him go sister. He can't handle the war anymore. Not ever."

Sonia sniffed and said, "I-I'm so sorry... I..."

Juleka held her sister and replied, "It's fine. Trust me... The war is infecting us all."

She was right it was.