CH 22 Ishani

The thought of the police shook me to the core and made me remember the day when I was arrested . The way they toured me the way they interrogated me . The two whole days I spent in jail which felt like hell .

My body felt cold . The dark room of integration came in front of my eyes .

The mess in my cabin reminded me of the destruction the narcotics department had created in my house in search of drugs during my arrest .

Same thing was going to happen again for evidence for truth .

The thought made me shiver to the core Ritesh realized my discomfort I dug in his chest and wept in fear .

He carried me in his arms to the living room . I had caught his T-shirt with my fingers as he carried me .He laid me on the couch and laid next to me I was still in his embrace digging my face in his chest .He was not calming me down . I know he is as shocked as I am even though he knows he can fall into  problem he suggested me to call the police.

That's the reason I love him .

He does not have to do anything special to make me love him he just has to stay , just be there for me . His presence is enough to calm me down . His aura is comforting as hell . This kind of comfort I dint feel ever in my life not even with Viraj . In  6 months of relationship and one year of my marriage I didn't  feel things what I feel with Ritesh in less that a month .

Comfort reminded me of mom , I had not forgotten of her all this time but I was pretending to forget because the thought of her lead a painful fear the fear of what she will go through ?, how she will react ?, How will I calm her down ?There is something about mom's when you need them they are always there for you and when they need you ,   you don't know how to express and they feel you don't care about them.

She and dad had given their sweat and blood in building such a huge empire .

She had chosen discomfort over comfort and had got married to dad when his business was in loss helped him to build Malhotra's pvt .limited went against her family and got married to him . She believed in him and so they could do this and so we could become one of the richest people in the world .

And today everything was on the verge of getting destroyed .

Anybody can misuse the property papers.

Dad had gone through so much struggle , he use to always struggle to even breathe he had survived so many assassinations but still never looked back and worked hard to establish his empire and in one go it will collapse if any immediate action is not taken .

The thought led goosebumps all over my body  , I felt like passing out .

The situation worsened when the noise of the police jeep's siren hit my ear drums .

I came out of his embrace and looked at his face .

' Isha calm down .' he said .

' What about you what will we tell them , what are you doing here ? '

' Isha there is no point in hiding anything the more we hide the more they will find . So be it .'

' But '

' Don't you trust me Ishani I am not going anywhere leaving you ' He said cupping my cheek he calmed me down .He always does this and somehow I melt like I did now . I don't know from where he gets this kind of calmness . 

I wasn't scared of anyone not the world , not the media outside my house and not the police with him by my side .

I walked to the window and peeped outside I told Ritesh  to move away from the window .