A New Hope - 31

Another 3 months later ...

The inviting feeling of adrenaline pumps through my body as my leather boot connects with the rotting wood , kicking the door open

The inviting feeling of adrenaline pumps through my body as my leather boot connects with the rotting wood , kicking the door open. I'm immediately met with a walker that I quickly stab between the eyes , the familiar squelching sound invading my ears. It's body falls limp along with the other two walkers, I turn around to see the others took care of them. Then come to face my dad giving me the stern look " I told you to wait for me to go first" I shrug " I got bored waiting" he sighs as I hear Carl chuckle clutching his revolver.

" El , Aaron check upstairs. Daryl , T-dog come with me and Carl guard the entrance." My dad's instructions set everyone of to their areas, I go upstairs cautiously my gun placed firmly in my grip.

I hear Greene head into the left side so I go right, I search the rooms only finding one walker . I quickly kill it before looking for supplies, I find some clothes but no food . I sigh knowing we're going to go another night hungry. I start collecting the clothes as I spot a full length mirror , I gasp at my appearance. My hair more wavy now and is nearly down to my butt , my skin more tanned from the sun but my eye bags are deep from lack of sleep . My body looks skinnier from no food but toned from all the exercise we do every day to survive .

My examination is interrupted as I hear something behind me and quickly throw one of my daggers. I turn around to see Greene smirking " Nearly killed me , Grimes" he says casually, with fresh walker blood is splattered on his sharp features.

"Shame I missed" I joke as he places a hand to his heart making a false face of betrayal "You wound me" he says as he rips my dagger out of the wall passing it too me " You need to practice your aim with those" he orders as his hazel eyes stare down into mine.

" Noted" I say grabbing the dagger placing it back in my belt , he spots the mirror too glancing over his appearance. His hair is slightly longer on the top and more curly but I must admit I prefer it , he is also more tanned too from the constant sun beaming down on us although I much prefer it to the bitter winter.

We stay in a comfortable silence as we stare at ourselves , he wipes the walker blood of his face and I watch him. " you missed a spot" I say my hand automatically reaching to wipe it off. He lets me as I feel his stare through the mirror, " Thanks , Grimes" , he says softly " Well I did nearly kill you soo" I say teasingly .

He laughs " Oh yeah of course , you wouldn't just do me a favour out of the goodness of your heart" he taunts back "of course not , who do you think I am , Greene" I joke and we both fall into laughter but it seizes a second later when we hear loud creak followed by a growl.

Before I can react Greene grabs my waist pulling me behind him , i scoff as if I need protection from one walker. " Don't give me attitude , Grimes. I'm just following your Dad's orders." I ignore him as I shove in front as the walker enters the room , I throw my dagger this time it hitting the target straight through the brain. " How's my aim now" I say confidently as he smirks shaking his head.