Scene 14 - Just as bad as they are

We see Stingray beginning to arrive at the site where they encountered the previous aliens. As the craft slows down, Troy, Phones, and Marina observe the devastated area around them.

Troy Tempest:

Just take a look at all this.

Phones:

Yeah. It would take more than your typical Mechanical Fish to cause this mess.

Troy Tempest:

Any other soundings? Traces of survivors?

Phones:

Nothing I can hear.

Troy Tempest:

Why have they come back to these fellas? Titan got what he wanted from them, didn't he? Or were they reused as part of this scientific testing for what Titan has been cooking up lately?

Phones:

It would make sense to get back at his old species who he turned against.

Troy Tempest:

True. We're going in to find those guys.

Stingray passes into the obliterated hatch, allowing the craft to land where there would be a separate bay to park in and the water to be pumped out. As that has been destroyed, all that is left are remains of the roof around the ocean bed. Stingray parks with its skids to where it had previously been.

We'll go ashore and see what's happened to them.

Phones:

Yes, sir, Captain Tempest.

The two underwater aliens are left on the floor overwrought with the attack on their domain. The broken entrance hatch allows Troy, Phones, and Marina to enter through and investigate the area and check what has happened to the undersea beings. Their breathing apparatus has been taken off, as this section was not completely breached by the attack.

Troy Tempest:

Gee, what a mess.

Phones:

They still here? They probably couldn't have survived the catastrophe.

Troy Tempest:

Let's see, Phones. Aietax? Schellus? Are you there?

They hear voices come from behind the smoking panel and tumbled rocks.

Aietax:

It is the land people. They've come.

Schellus:

They've now returned to finish the job they started.

Troy Tempest:

Where are you? What's happened here?

Schellus:

Go away. We don't want you here.

Troy Tempest:

We've come to help you. We know what you meant from your message. Titan has struck. You were right.

Phones:

You're pretty badly hurt. Let us help.

Aietax:

As you should know. You are in allegiance with him. This is what you've done to our domain, you double crossing, evil beings.

Schellus:

You're just as bad as they are.

Troy Tempest:

What are you talking about?

Schellus:

Those vessels you and your associates were assembling. They are designed precisely like your Stingray craft. And are now attacking the land and sea as we warned you.

Aietax:

Our warning has gone in vain. Since you have been helping him all along.

Troy Tempest:

That's crazy. We're not working with Titan. There's some misunderstanding between us.

Phones:

Troy. He said vessels like our Stingray craft. They may mean that our ships have been disguised like World Navy vessels, and made out of something like the Cahelium our crafts are constructed from.

Troy Tempest:

And have been ingeniously disguised to look like it's us doing it. The perfect camouflage. And that must be what Titan was searching for.

Phones:

And is now using our ships and submarines to help construct his fleet from the places he's taken over.

Schellus:

Don't pretend you don't know what you have done. You have betrayed us.

Troy Tempest:

No. Listen. We think we know what has happened.

Aietax and Schellus then appear even more aged and crippled from behind the panel, and aim pistols directly at Troy, Marina, and Phones.

Aietax:

No. Our eyes do not deceive us.

Phones:

Troy. Look at them. They've deformed even more.

Schellus:

We were a wise and respected species. Now you have collaborated in our downfall.

Troy Tempest:

Listen to us. Please. Titan is destroying our crafts and stations. Please. You gotta believe us. We've captured their surface agent and is a prisoner back at our base. Come back with us and we can still save you.

Aietax:

Very convincing. But the time for talk is over.

Troy Tempest:

Beat it, Phones, Marina.

They hurry away back towards Stingray before Schellus and Aietax can shoot them.

Aietax:

And never return!

The Stingray crew stop behind the smashed entrance.

Phones:

We're too late, Troy. Titan got to them before we did.

Troy Tempest:

There's nothing we can do for them. But we do know something. We gotta get back to Stingray with what we know. Before Stingray is the next target.

Troy, Phones, and Marina then leave to return back to their sub. The Aquaphibians then feel faint and then begin to collapse to the ground, exhausted from their nightmarish experience.

Schellus:

This is the end of us, Aietax. The final chapter of our species.

We then see Stingray rise up from the remains of the docking hatch and then accelerate up before Stingray passes out of our sight.