Scene 21 - Marineville Under Attack

The invasion upon Marineville continues. We see more Terror Fish shooting at WASP vessels. The Mechanical Crabs emerge to begin taking the wreckage of crashed vessels on the sea. Their huge pincers reach for the damaged submarines and begin to crush them with mighty strength. The Mechanical Eels fire energy bolts, and the Mechanical Stingray follow with their missiles. BAM! BAM! The WASP Interceptors fly over and continue dropping bombs to destroy various enemy underwater crafts. KABOOM! BANG! KABOOM! Phones' submarines does an effective job in destroying various other enemy vessels. More Marineville rockets continue blasting up from the base, and home in on the underwater rockets. BANG! KABOOM! More wreckage explodes over the sea. We see the Commander and the others frantically talking on radios as the emergency ensues.

Atlanta:

World Navy submarines underway, Commander.

Commander Shore:

Launch all underwater interceptors.

Lieutenant Fisher:

Underwater hydromic missiles underway.

Atlanta:

Underwater Sea Probe 3 destruct positive.

Commander Shore:

That's another one down.

Atlanta:

All WASP Interceptors are all skyborne and within the twenty mile radius.

Commander Shore:

Prepare for all Marineville hydromic missiles. The bombardment must take place.

More stock footage shows the conflict continuing under the water and above the sea.

Tracking Station:

Marineville tracking station reports expanding field of quantity of enemy invaders.

Another huge crash shakes Marineville as more debris falls to the ground.

Lieutenant Fisher:

We can't hold out. We just can't.

Commander Shore:

Where in thunder have those reinforcements gotten to?

In the premises, X20 wonders around freely without the knowledge of the Marineville security, who are too busy fending themselves from the enemy invaders. We cut to see various Mechanical Fish shooting towards the sea wall, now crippling it badly. KABOOM! KABOOM! POW! More of the Marineville infrastructure shakes erratically. In the control tower, more debris tumbles around the Commander, the Lieutenants, Troy, and Marina. The crumbling walls and filthy dust covers the control panels as Troy looks after Marina.

Atlanta:

Hold out. Just a little longer.

Titan continues watching the chaos on his map in his kingdom. The Terror Fish continue to strike against Marineville as Titan enjoys the progress of the invasion.

Titan:

This is excellent. It could not have gone better than I dared hoped it would. Excellent.

The Terror Fish continue shooting at the wall, whereas some of the various other undersea invaders shoot into the sky to destroy the aircraft in the sky. One of the jets is hit by an incoming missiles. BANG! KABOOM! KABANG! The wreckage implodes across the sea.

All Terror Fish will continue the assault against Marineville. The Mechanical Eels and Stingrays will take out the last undersea survivors. And the men from the skies. Mechanical Crabs will extract from what we claim.

BAM! BAM! KABOOM! Phones' submarine is one of the last few survivors. His craft is being swarmed by hostile Mechanical Eels and Stingrays. We see Phones inside the submarine doing his best to operate the submarine. Its design is made from sections of other WASP control panels to form the control room of a Clam Class submarine. Powerless to retaliate without being hit for certain from the invaders, his best chance is to dodge the missiles and then find a way to retaliate when most strategically suitable. Eventually, one of the Mechanical Eels hits Phones' sub at the tail end of the vehicle. BANG! CRASH! The craft then crashes down to the ocean bed as an explosion of water bursts from the tail end of the ship. Phones is badly knocked down and his radio broken. The controls of his ship were smashed in the fall.

Atlanta:

The Clam Class with Phones in is down.

Troy Tempest:

Commander!

Commander Shore:

Troy! We can't do anything for him.

Troy Tempest:

We can't just leave him out there.

Commander Shore:

What can we do, Troy? We can hardly keep Marineville under defence.

Atlanta:

They've got him, sir.

The Aquascan shows a poor quality, distorted view of the Mechanical Stingrays and Eels circling around the crashed submarine. We see a tear in Marina's eyes.

Troy Tempest:

Phones!

The crafts make way for a huge Mechanical Crab ready to grab the submarine and rip it open. Troy quickly grabs a radio and attempts to communicate with his submarine. There was no answer from Phones.

Phones! Can you hear us? Phones! Get out of there. Hurry!

The Mechanical Crab looms over with its pincers ready for Phones. Another devastating explosion knocks the camera view away from us, destroying the image of the Aquascan.

Commander Shore:

It's no good. It's hopeless.

Troy feels futile yet angry about what has happened to his best friend.

Troy Tempest:

They can't. Not Phones.

KABOOM! Another strike hits against Marineville. Rubble topples from the ceiling towards Lieutenant Fisher.

Lieutenant Fisher:

This is not going to work. None of this.

Commander Shore:

We go down fighting. We don't let them take my headquarters down. Not in any form of submission.

Atlanta:

Our supplies are exhausted. And our base has been torn apart.

Troy Tempest:

Hold it, Atlanta. Just keep it together, honey.

Atlanta:

Father, what do we do now?

Commander Shore:

There's nothing we can do. Except hold out till all we can.

Troy Tempest:

Say. I've got it. I've got it.

Commander Shore:

What are you saying there, Captain?

Troy Tempest:

There may be one answer to end all this, Commander, sir. It's a crazy scheme. But it may just work.

We cut to see the wrecked Pen 3. The walkways have collateral damage around, and sections of the wall have broken cracks deep within. The water has gushed up and splashed against the infrastructure of the Pen. The Stingray submarine is still under extensive repairs, but work has been suspended temporarily whilst the battle continues. We see X20 arrive along the walkway and he takes a good look at the Stingray undergoing a major overhaul. From the expression of evil on his face, we see what X20 is thinking in his head. By using Stingray, he will attempt to unleash even more devastation across Marineville. X20 then leaves to go and board Stingray without the knowledge of any other member of Marineville...