Scene 9 - Capture?

The attack on the island continues by the WASP Arrowhead Interceptors. Below the surface of the water, X20 begins escaping in his vessel. We see him frantically operating the controls in order to make a swift getaway. In Stingray, Phones listens to his headset.

Phones:

There's a vessel nearby, Troy.

Troy Tempest:

A mechanical fish?

Phones:

No. It's something that's come from the direction of the island. There's only one sounding.

Troy Tempest:

That's it. They're making a break for it underwater just as we anticipated. Tower from Stingray, unidentified underwater craft making out from Island of Lemoy. Am going in pursuit.

X20's craft continues to escape away. Stingray then begins to pursue the vessel as the speed of the submarine increases.

Don't lose it, Phones. We've got to get him.

Stingray maintains its pursuit. Aboard X20's ship, the surface agent attempts to contact Titanica with his hand-held radio.

X20:

Surface agent X20 to Titanica, I have escaped from the island without the knowledge of the Terraneans. They won't find where I have gone now. Neither will they find our technology based at the island.

As X20's craft passes through a set of rocks, Stingray follows close behind.

Phones:

There they are. Dead ahead.

Troy Tempest:

Ok. Prepare to fire Sting missile one.

Stingray goes in closer towards the ship, and overtakes X20. The submarine then spins around to attack X20's vessel.

X20:

Stingray!

X20 tries to divert away from Stingray, but Stingray is too quick for the ship. Stingray lunges at the craft again, forcing X20 to hurry away quickly to avoid being crushed.

Mighty Titan! Help me! I'm at the mercy of Stingray! They've found me.

X20's craft attempts to get away at maximum speed. Stingray, however, maintains a close pursuit against the ship.

Don't fire. Don't open fire.

Stingray prepares to shoot down X20's craft.

Troy Tempest:

Ok, Phones. Fire Sting missile.

Phones:

Firing Sting missile.

Phones activates a lever between him and Troy, and a Sting missile is launched from the craft. X20 is filled with dread knowing he is about to meet his demise. The missile hits the craft. BANG! X20's ship crashes to the ocean bed. POW! Stingray then hovers above the vessel.

Troy Tempest:

Good shooting, Phones.

Phones:

Thanks, Troy. What's the action now, skipper?

Troy Tempest:

We wanted to knock the ship down and take the hostage on board so we can learn more about who is behind all this. This agent that has been working against Marineville.

Aboard X20's ship, we see the surface agent on the ground unconscious from the attack against his ship.

The only way to find out who is behind it is to go in and meet them. We'd better go in, Phones. Marina, will you be ok being alone in Stingray until we bring the hostage in?