A Good Decision?

"YES!" You cried. "We're finally at the village!" The green blob, known as a Leaf Blob, squeaked happily in your arms. You were all level five because of all the level one and three monsters that you came across on your way to the village.

"I can't believe you still have that green blob with you." Cry muttered.

"Leave him alone." You pout, turning your body to the side so Cry wouldn't be able to grab him. "He's been through a lot."

"I don't mind the little guy being here." Pewds shrugged.

Cry sighed and shook his head. "Honestly..."

You stuck your tongue out at him. You guys walked through the village, looking around. "What are we looking for?" You ask.

"To see if there's any people from the real world here." Cry answered. You puffed your cheeks out. Cry did not like you. Cry looked over his shoulder and noticed you were staring at him, cheeks still puffed out with an annoyed look on your face. "What?"

"Nothing." You mutter, looking away. Cry shrugged and looked forward, in time to accidentally bump into someone. 

Cry gathered himself and looked forward and saw a familiar man wearing a silver chest plate. "Toby?!" Cry and Pewds said in shock.

"Why can't any girls be in here?" You complain to yourself. You sigh as you heard your blobbed friend squeak.

-----

"I see." Toby said with a nod. "So you guys are in the same position."

"That should be obvious, considering we're not NPCs."

"Hothothothothothothothothothot." Toby said when you talked. You felt your cheeks turn pink.

"More like annoying!" Cry stated. You elbowed him in the stomach. "Ow! That hurt!"

You yell back. The four of you were sitting on two wooden benches that were facing each other. Unlucky for you, you were sitting next to Cry. It was around seven o'clock, and it was getting dark. You turn your head back to Toby. "I'm Scarlet."

Toby smiled. "Nice to meet you, Scarlet. Pretty name, by the way."

You smile back. "Thanks!" You turn over to Cry and say, "Why can't you be as nice as Toby and Pewds?"

"'Cause I don't know what I did wrong!"

As you two bickered, Toby and Pewds talked about what's happened so far. 

"When did you arrive in this game?" Pewds asked.

Toby shrugged. "Three days ago. I was alone when I arrived, unlike Cry and Scarlet." Toby gestured to the two of you. "They get along well."

"You have no idea." Pewds said, rolling his eyes.

"THAT'S IT!" You stood up. "I'll be waiting at the hotel!" You march away, not caring about the three boys calling your name.

-----

"Geez!" You yell as you sat on the bed, the Leaf Blob sitting in front of you... or standing. "Cry is so annoying! Why do I have to be stuck with him for the time being?" That's when you snapped your fingers. "Cry doesn't like me, and I don't like him! If that's it, then I'm sure it'd be fine if I go on this journey by myself! I mean, there are some video games where there's only one hero, right?"

The green blob gave an uneasy squeak. "I'm sure we'll do fine! Besides, I'm level five! The monsters around here shouldn't be that high." The green blob gave another uneasy squeak. "What do you know? You hang on trees." You grab your friend and walk into the lobby of the tiny hotel.

"Excuse me?" You say to the woman at the front desk.

"Yes? Can I help you?"

"Actually, could you deliver a message for me?"

"Sure! Who for?"

"Three people named Cry, Pewds, and Toby. When they come in, tell them I'll be adventuring by myself from now on."

She gave an uneasy look and said, "Are you sure, ma'am? It's dangerous to travel by yourself, especially at night."

"I'll be fine." You assure her with a smile.

"If you're sure. Be safe." You nod to her as a thank you and walk out of the hotel, thinking you made the right decision. 

-----

"Do you not like Scarlet or something?" Toby asked Cry as the three of them walked into the hotel.

"It's not that I don't like her, I just... Don't get along with her."

"Isn't that the same thing?" Pewds asked.

"Yes." Toby said before Cry could say anything.

Cry groaned. "Geez, Toby. I can talk-"

"Excuse me?" They look at the lady at the desk. "Might you be Cry, Pewds, and Toby?"

"Hothothothothothothothothothot."

"Yeah, we are." Pewds said. "Why do you ask?"

"Your friend said to tell you that she's going to travel by herself from now on."

"What?!" Pewds exclaimed. "Is she crazy?! She's the one who didn't even want to journey at all."

"She's so single-minded." Cry sighed. "I'll go get her."

"Need us to come?" Pewds asked.

"It won't take long, she probably didn't get too far."

"You sure?" Toby asked. Cry just nodded and left the building.

"Strange." Pewds muttered. Toby and Pewds looked at each other. "Usually, after something like this, Cry wouldn't be the one who wants to save the damsel in distress, especially if they just did something stupid."

"Ahhh!" Toby held his head in his hands. "This is becoming a real video game."

"That's because it is a real video game." Pewds rolled his eyes.

-----

"Eep!" You shrieked as you heard a crow's hawk. "This isn't fun." You look at your map. "Where am I, anyways?" You tried to make out your area. "Darn it. It's too dark."

You tried to focus your eyes when you suddenly felt a chill go up your spine. "This is a video game, there are no ghosts." You remind yourself. You put your map away and take out your wand. "It's fine, it's fine." You hated ghosts more than anything. You had a run-in with paranormal activity as a kid, and you've hated the dark ever since.

"I totally forgot." You groaned. "Sometimes I think I'm single-minded." Your green friend squeaked. It was almost as if it was asking you a question. "We're not lost... Um... Greeny? No. That's a stupid name."

He squeaked again, his leaf quivering. "George?" You shook your head in disappointment. "What's wrong, buddy?" You froze when you realized something was breathing behind you. You realized that the green blob's eyes were looking right behind you. You look over your shoulder and see a monster, similar to a wolverine. It seemed to be sniffing you, trying to make sure you were... Alive.

You heard your watch ping. You look at your watch. The monster was called a Wolverine. The word 'Haunter' was next to it's name, where you would see the job of someone when reading their information. It had large teeth and fangs, along with sharp claws, spiky fur, and white eyes. It was a level nine monster. It was apparently blind and it sniffs out it's prey at night and locates them using their sense of sound.

You gulped. It growled as you tried taking a step backwards. It knows you're alive now. Run. You watched helplessly as it raised it's arm, getting ready to attack. Run! It's fangs seemed sharpened as it growled. RUN! It lashed it's claws out at you.