Fear, Rage, and Guilt

"Cry..." you mutter.

"Scarlet!"

You look to your right and see Nova, Pewds, and Toby running up to you. "Nova! Pewds! Toby!" You ran up to them, ending up in Nova's arms, crying the fear you've been holding in the whole time. "I was so scared..." you sob.

"It's alright," Nova whispered. He placed a hand on your head and looked over at Cry.

"You dick," Cry growled. "Why do you want Scarlet so bad?!"

Virus Cry smirked. "The same reason you protect her." He looked over at you and smirked as your tears ran down your cheeks, feeling more uncomfortable and scared when you felt his eyes on you. He chuckled.

Cry clenched his teeth. He pointed the blade of his sword at Virus Cry. "Leave her alone."

His smirk disappeared when he turned his eyes to Cry. "I told you that I wouldn't gibe up without a fight the next time I appeared." Cry's eyes widened when he felt a blade cut his cheek. Cool blood spattered on Cry's face as he realized that his opposite took out a dark sword and almost stabbed Cry straight in the face. Virus Cry smirked and said, "And I intend to keep that promise."

Cry growled as his virus' insanity seemed to become thicker. Cry tried to slash his sword at Virus Cry, only to watch him dodge his attack. The virus smirked and slashed his sword's black blade at Cry, cutting him in the side. When Cry's blood splattered, Virus Cry laughed as Cry groaned in pain.

-----

"Cry!" you tried to yell. Whenever you tried to scream they'd come out as whispers instead. You were no longer in Nova's arms, but a step away from them.

You watched as Virus Cry punched Cry in the gut. He laughed as more of Cry's blood splattered.

Why was this happening... Why? Why were you in the middle of all this? Why was Cry doing so much for you? Why did Virus Cry like you? Why... Why was it you? Why is it that something bad always happened to you? The thing is, instead of doing something about it, you'd always sit back...

"I'm so weak," you mutter. You shake your head and look back at the battle, just in time to see Cry stumble on his feet. trying his best to keep his balance, failing to do so.

"Weak," Virus Cry smirked. He raised his dark, black sword in the air, about to stab Cry.

Your eyes widened. You felt yourself shake as the sword was about to strike down and kill Cry. "CRY!"

-----

I can't focus! "AH!" A sharp blade created another gash on Cry's arm. I'm losing blood! "GAH!" Another cut was created on Cry's neck. I can't... Control my body.

Cry stumbled, trying to keep his balance. He tripped over his own feet, landing on his hands and knees.

"Weak." Cry looked up and saw a black sword being raised in the air. Cry looked down and shut his eyes, afraid to feel the pain of death.

"CRY!" Suddenly, Cry heard the sound of flesh being cut as he felt blood splatter on his clothes. He opened his eyes... No pain. He looked up and his eyes widened.

"Scarlet..." You were in front of him with a sword splitting your flesh near your shoulder. Your arms were spread wide open because you weren't sure exactly where he would strike.

The virus' eyes were wide with fear and guilt... Even though his eyes weren't exactly visible. Unsure of what else to do, he took his sword out of your shoulder. You fell to your knees and collapsed.

"SCARLET!" Cry grabbed you and placed you on his lap, holding you in his arms. "Scarlet! God dammit, open your eyes!" Your eyes were tightly closed as your chest rose and collapsed. Cry clenched his teeth. "FUCK!" He punched the ground in rage.

Virus Cry looked at you... Your limp body... And disappeared.