Chapter 32: A Confession in the Rain

For two days, Jake didn't show up at the university. Heeseung felt a gnawing guilt eating away at him. He couldn't focus on his classes or his friends; all he could think about was the look of embarrassment and hurt on Jake's face as he ran away. Every moment of silence was filled with worry and regret.

By the third day, Heeseung was practically pacing the campus, hoping to catch a glimpse of Jake. His friends noticed his agitation but didn't say much, understanding that this was something Heeseung needed to work through himself.

Late in the afternoon, Heeseung spotted Jake sitting at a table in the university café, surrounded by his friends. They were laughing and chatting, but Jake's usual bright smile seemed dimmed. Heeseung's heart ached to see him like this.

A sudden downpour started, and the café patrons rushed inside. Jake's friends were still at the table, but Jake had gone up to the counter alone to buy some snacks. Heeseung saw his chance. Without caring about the rain soaking him to the bone, he made his way to the café.

Jake was at the counter, waiting for his order. He didn't notice Heeseung at first, but the moment he turned and saw him, drenched and breathless, his eyes widened in surprise.

"Heeseung?" Jake said, his voice a mix of curiosity and concern.

Heeseung's hair was plastered to his forehead, and his clothes clung to him, but he didn't care. All he cared about was making things right. "Jake, I need to talk to you," he said, his voice cracking with urgency.

Jake looked around, noticing the stares they were attracting. He took a deep breath, his expression softening slightly. "Alright. What do you want to say?"

"I'm so sorry about what happened," Heeseung began, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I never meant to embarrass you like that. I know you're probably mad at me, but I—"

Jake cut him off, his eyes suddenly fierce. "Yeah, I'm mad at you." He paused, then his lips curved into a teasing smile. "The body that's only for you to see, why are you letting others see it?"

Heeseung froze, the words taking a moment to sink in. When they did, his eyes widened in disbelief. "Wait, what?"

Jake's cheeks turned pink, but he held Heeseung's gaze. "You heard me. I'm mad because... because I wanted you to be the only one to see me like that." He laughed lightly, the tension of the past days melting away. "You're such an idiot sometimes."

Without waiting for a response, Jake turned and rushed back to his friends, leaving Heeseung standing there, dripping wet and utterly stunned. He replayed Jake's words in his mind, feeling a swell of happiness that he couldn't contain. A broad smile spread across his face as he stood there, the rain pouring down around him, feeling lighter than he had in days.

Heeseung walked back to his friends, who were waiting under the awning of a nearby building, curious about what had just happened. Jun raised an eyebrow. "So, what's with the goofy smile?"

Heeseung couldn't help but laugh, shaking his head. "Nothing. Just... the best confession of my life."

Beomgyu rolled his eyes but smiled. "Looks like our Heeseung finally got his happy ending."

Heeseung didn't respond, lost in thoughts of Jake's words and the possibilities they promised. The rain continued to fall, but for Heeseung, it felt like the sun had just come out.