Chapter 9: Sealing the Commitment

Hi everyone,  the wait is over. Sunghoon is going to meet his fiancé face to face in this chapter. I hope you're all enjoying this story. Please remember to vote if you like it.

Tuesday arrived with a sense of anticipation and unease. Sunghoon, dressed in a white suit, stood in front of the mirror, adjusting his suit for what felt like the hundredth time. His parents, Minhee and Jinho, bustled around the house, ensuring everything was in order for the engagement ceremony. The atmosphere was charged with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

 The atmosphere was charged with a mix of excitement and nervousness

*Sunghoon's outfit is quite like this

As they gathered in the living room, Minhee's face glowed with pride. "Sunghoon-ah, you look so handsome," she said, her eyes shining with tears. "Today is a big day for our family."

Jinho nodded in agreement, his expression solemn yet hopeful. "Remember, son, this is an important step for both our families. Be respectful and show them the same kindness and warmth you always have."

Sunghoon nodded, taking a deep breath. "I understand, pa. I'll do my best."

The ride to Jake's house was filled with quiet anticipation. Sunghoon's thoughts wandered back to the conversation with his friends around the campfire, their support giving him the strength to face this moment. He had made a decision, and he was determined to honor it, even if his heart felt heavy with uncertainty.

Upon arriving at Jake's house, Sunghoon's family was greeted warmly by Jake's uncle, Sim Taekwon. The house was modest but well-kept, exuding a sense of warmth and hospitality.

"Welcome, welcome!" Taekwon said, his voice booming with enthusiasm. "We've been looking forward to this day. Please, come in and make yourselves comfortable."

As they entered the living room, Sunghoon's eyes scanned the room, searching for Jake. The room was filled with Jake's family members, all eagerly awaiting the introductions. Sunghoon's heart pounded in his chest, his curiosity piqued.

Taekwon led them to the seating area, where everyone settled in, the atmosphere charged with anticipation. "Let me introduce my family," Taekwon began, his voice carrying a tone of pride. "This is my wife, Youngmi, and our daughter, Hana."

Youngmi and Hana greeted Sunghoon's family with warm smiles and polite bows. Sunghoon's parents responded in kind, their faces reflecting the same warmth.

"And finally," Taekwon continued, his eyes softening, "this is my nephew, Sim Jake."