56

Chapter 56 College Entrance Examination

◎Moving◎

In October 1977, the country resumed the college entrance examination after a ten-year hiatus. In the winter of that year, Zhao Taohua brought two other candidates from the family and walked into the examination room with Shen Zhichu.

In the past year, nothing major happened in the Zhao family. The only major event was that Zheng Xiaomei gave birth to a very strong son.

It took a month to wait for the test scores. Compared with Zhao Taohua's calmness, Zhou Minglan was much more nervous. There were three children in the family taking the college entrance examination, which made her even dream of waiting for them at the school gate at night.

A month later, admission notices from all over the country flew into thousands of households like snowflakes.

In the Zhao family, Zhao Zhengxi was the first to receive a notice. He was admitted to the Finance and Banking Department of Beijing University. Not long after, Zhao Taohua also received an admission notice from the Department of Drama and Literature of the China Academy of Drama.

Rather than making money, she hoped to become an excellent playwright or novelist in the future.

And Shen Zhichu was admitted to the Weapons Department of Beijing University of Science and Technology.

Only Sun Lanxi failed to get into Sunshan...

After all the admission notices were delivered, the whole Dongshan Village was in an uproar. Several college students came out of their village at once. This was like a golden phoenix flying out of a chicken coop.

And the threshold of the Zhao family was almost trampled down by people.

On the New Year's Eve of that year, Shen Zhichu took all his luggage back to Beijing. Although Zhao Taohua was reluctant to not see him for several months, she withdrew her reluctance when she thought of a difficult task for him to complete.

On the night of New Year's Eve, Zhao Taohua told her family about her plan.

"What? You want us all to go to Beijing with you?!" Zhou Minglan exclaimed, attracting the attention of everyone at the table.

Although two of her children were admitted to college, she never thought of going with them, and the whole family followed them. This was a joke...

"I have discussed this with my elder and second brothers before, and they both agreed." Zhao Taohua had already told the two of them about her plan in advance, and they agreed after considering it for a few days.

"You all know?" Zhou Minglan looked at his two sons and was very angry when he saw them nodding. "So I'm the only one who doesn't know?"

"I don't know either." Qian Baoru raised her eyelids and said, not understanding her granddaughter's thoughts.

If they leave Dongshantun, what will they eat and drink in the future? Where will they live?

Seeing that they really disagreed, Zhao Taohua patiently explained: "Don't worry about the house, I will pay for it." God knows that in order to earn money to buy a house in Beijing, she thought about how to make money every day, and her hair fell out.

"In the future, we can open a small restaurant like the state-owned hotel there, so that we won't be hungry. Otherwise, when we are gone, I will be worried about you old people staying at home. Besides, the medical care in Beijing is good. My grandma is so old, of course she should go to a place with good medical care to spend her later years."

The last sentence touched Qian Baoru's heart. She smacked her lips and her face was not as ugly as before.

Zhou Minglan thought about what his daughter said and felt that it made some sense, but she was still a little scared to go to a place where she was unfamiliar with.