Chapter. 17 Ash and Feather

As dark Knight reached the edge of camp, still carrying the random grey she-wolf, maple paw approached them. The pack surrounded dark knight, sniffing out the unfamiliar grey wolf. "Everyone backup" Dark Knight exclaimed, every wolf in camp backed off but whispered to each other as dark Knight stopped in the middle of camp and put down the she wolf. "Ash! Scar!" Dark Knight called, they instantly came trotting over. "Scar take this wolf down to the dungeon, and ash you will be her guard for a few days, you are to feed her, talk to her, gather information, and make sure she stays healthy" Dark Knight ordered. "Yes sir" Scar and ash replied at the same time.

Scar then lifted up the she wolf onto his back and slowly walked down the tunnel to the dungeon, ash following by his side. Scar gently laid the she wolf on the ground and ash secured the chains on her feet. Ash then grabbed a muzzle and put it on her so she couldn't bite. Scar then left the dungeon and ash sat down. After a few hours, the she wolf woke up, instantly trying to flee but falling. "Awake are we?" Ash giggled. "My name is ash and I'm going to be taking care of you" Ash said, putting her paw proudly on her chest. "What?! Who?! Where am i? Oh and I'm feather" Feather growled as she looked around. "Your in the dungeon, out in a forest in a wolf camp, there is a pack of wolves living here" Ash replied.

Feather growled as she tried to bite ash but quickly realized she had a muzzle on and was attached on chains. "What the?!" Father exclaimed looking down at her paws. "Your stuck with me!" Ash laughed and smiled. Feather shook her head and laid her head down on her paws. "Are you hungry?" Ash asked with kindness in her voice. "No" Feather looked away from ash. "If you say so" Ash said as she laid in front of feather. Ash talked to feather even know feather never replied, it went on for hours. "You realize talking to me is going to help my situation?!" Feather growled, peeking her head up. Ash backed up. "Sorry, I just get, lonely I guess" Ash said as she put her head down.

Feather looked away with guilt. Ash then trotted out of the den. "Where are you going?" Feather asked, hoping not to be left alone. "Im getting you prey" Ash stopped and turned around, smiling at feather. feather rolled her eyes but secretly appreciated Ash's company. Ash then brought back a juicy rabbit that they had just caught less than a day ago, ash brought it and dropped it in front of feathers face. Ash then gently removed feathers muzzle and let her eat. Feather was hesitant but soon started eating very quickly. "Your hungry aren't you?" Ash looked at feather with concern. Feather didn't stop eating, she was only skin and bones at this point. Ash went back up and dropped feather a small bird.

Feather ate all the prey ash gave her, only bones were left. "I haven't eaten in days" Feather said as she put her head down, resting as the moon directly shined into the tunnel of the cave. "I'm sorry, if you need water or anything let me know" Ash reminded feather. Feather hesitantly nodded as she didn't fully trust ash yet. Feather then fell asleep after ash did.

As feather woke up, she perked her ears up and then opened her eyes slowly and saw ash standing over her, feather perked her head up in fear at the wolf looming over her. ash smiled down at her. "I got you some water" Ash pushed a wooden bowl in front of feather. "Thanks for not putting the muzzle on me, and thanks for the food last night" Feather said with a pang of sympathy, she was starting to like ash as a friend. "Of course! Pack mates always come first" Ash said as she laid beside feather. "Oh and here's some prey" Ash shoved a rabbit to feather. "Thanks" Feather replied as she swallowed her water. "Just let me know if you need anything" Ash said as she stretched and rose to her paws, walking out of the den. "Wait!" Feather called after her. Ash stopped and turned around. "Please don't leave me alone" Feather begged. Ash smiled and went back to her. "Okay, if that's what you want" Ash barked as she then laid beside feather again.

"So are you a ice wolf or fire wolf?" Ash asked feather. "Uh.. Neither?" Feather revealed in concern. "Your a... Elemental wolf?" Feather responded. "Yeah, fire wolf! Born and raised here in the fire wolf kingdom!" Ash interjected proudly. "Oh, I didn't know you guys existed" Feather laughed in embarrassment. "So you can fire bend?" Feather chimed in. "Yeah!" Ash responded. "So where do you come from?" Ash asked. "Well I'll tell you" Feather rolled her eyes in response.

Feathers backstory
It was a cold rainy day. Feather was just a pup as she lay by her mother's side. A crack of thunder shook the ground. Feather began to tear up as she cuddled against her mother tighter. Her mother softly licked her head. "I will be back" Feathers mom said as she got up and walked out of the den into the rain. Feather quickly crawled to the wall and vrouche din fear from being alone. Feather hated being alone. Feather waited for hours as water began to rise to the dens entrance. Feather rgot up and sprang out of the den with fear. Feather ran through the water with fear, the water splashed up and wet her fur, making her colder than she was. Feather then came to a halt when she fell into a rushing river. Feather cried as she struggled to keep her head above water. Feather after an hour of fighting the rushing water, she finally climbed onto the edge. She held on before finally gathering the strength to pull herself up and out of the river, she shook the water off her fur and choked up all the water that was stuck. She whined as she passed out.

"And I was alone ever since" Feather ended the story off. "Damn, I'm so sorry" Ash looked at feather, staring her in the eyes. "It's fine, at least I'm alive" Feather tried to shake off the feeling of talking about her past trauma. Ash put her paw on feathers. Feather blushed as ash removed the chains from feather. "You shouldn't be chained up feather" Ash said nicely. "I-thank you" Feather smiled as she looked into Ash's eyes. Ash helped feather get up from the cold dirt. "Come on, let's go see the others" Ash said as she nodded her head in the direction of the exit of the dungeon.