~#19. The Moment of Confrontation ~

Barkha offers a deal to Ruhana which surprises her. She hadn’t anticipated it coming. Barkha’s offer is tempting and Ruhana has no reasons to deny it. As she glances at her friend, Barkha’s positive nod and warmth in her eyes tell her that she’s saying the truth, and so, Ruhana side-hugs her.

“I am so glad you came up with this offer, Barkha. It  looks tempting. I just can’t wait to give it a shot.” Ruhana says excitedly.

“I wanted to reach you early, Ruhana

“I wanted to reach you early, Ruhana. But I had some personal and professional commitments. I know you’d do justice to this deal.” Barkha responds, her tone warm and convincing.

“I will try my level best, Barkha. We can discuss it later on, when we get back to Mumbai.” Ruhana affirms, and the lady agrees.

As they look forward, the speakers from the top companies say a lot about work, deep knowledge and then the traction in the world. They also meet a number of clients, businesspersons, and it seems like a party. Meanwhile, Ruhana takes a short break to go see her daughter. Manvi is alone in the room and she hasn’t left her alone for a long time. So, she informs Sameer and walks up towards her room.

Their rooms are on the second floor. Ruhana takes the lift to the floor and rushes towards her room. She’s impatient to see her daughter, and so she paces up her steps, but stops in tracks, when a familiar voice falls in her ears. She turns around only to face Vineet, but he didn't meet her eyes.

“What? Kuch kehna baaki reh gaya tha kya? Keh do, ab toh mujhe koi farak bhi nahi padega

“What? Kuch kehna baaki reh gaya tha kya? Keh do, ab toh mujhe koi farak bhi nahi padega.” She says, crossing her arms, across her chest.

“Ruhana,..... Vo mujhe tumse kuch baat karni hai. “ He replies, and it is the first time that he's stuttering.

“Par mujhe tumse koi baat nahi karni, tum jaa sakte ho.” Ruhana replies, her tone harsh.

“Main jaanta hun, tum mujhse bahut naraaz ho, hona bhi chahiye, lekin maine dekha tumne humaari… “ He says, but she cuts her.