~#25. The Cultural Program~

Day two at the conference brings more joy to Ruhana, as she gains new clients who praise her business skills. Her long-time friend, Barkha, helps her take care of Manvi because Ruhana didn’t want to leave her daughter alone. However, she’s glad that Manvi is excited about the competition. Ruhana knows this competition is organized for kids, as many people have come to the conference with their children, giving the adults a chance to have some fun too. You know, you’re never too old until you feel it yourself. And right now, Ruhana wants to live every possible moment with Manvi.

Vineet glances at them, his heart heavy with guilt. Although he came here hoping for some business, it seems luck is not in his favor anymore. Now, the realization has struck him that he not only drove his grihlakshmi away but also his fortune and luck. He feels empty, not only physically but mentally as well.

His last chance to talk to Ruhana has slipped by, and she’s not ready to listen to him

His last chance to talk to Ruhana has slipped by, and she’s not ready to listen to him. His reverie is broken when an announcement echoes in his ears, about the painting competition. It’s time for a beautiful cultural evening. He glances around and finds some people walking towards one side of the hall. He spots Manvi and Ruhana amidst the crowd and understands that they’re heading for the painting competition. He takes a seat at the back of the crowd as the cultural program begins. This is something he wasn’t aware of. His gaze still lingers on Manvi and Ruhana, who are busy with their work. He sighs deeply, trying to decipher her words to him. He wants to know what’s special at the end.

*****
Manvi is working diligently on her painting, her actions swift and efficient. Ruhana watches her as the girl seeks her suggestions for the colors. She’s making a painting of a picture with her mother, where her mom is gazing at her with love while Manvi is laughing. She’s also reminded that her Sameer uncle clicked this picture, and it makes her happy.
Manvi is engaged in her work when she hears her mother calling for her. As she looks up, she finds her holding a plate of food, sitting on the chair beside her, indicating for her to eat first.

 As she looks up, she finds her holding a plate of food, sitting on the chair beside her, indicating for her to eat first

“Mumma, abhi nahi, Mannu ko ye finish karna hai,” Manvi replies, refusing to eat.

“Mannu, abhi toh tujhe bhook lagi thi na, kha le bacha, fir cough ke liye syrup bhi toh lena hai,” Ruhana insists, her tone convincing, that she has to take a medicine for cold and cough.