Chapter 2 : High school?

"SCARLET!" I jolt upright. I see Jack smiling at me. "What?" I groan as I fall against my pillow.

"There's a new mission!" He say slapping my back. I sit up. "Do you know what time it is?" I ask rubbing my eyes. He nods. "It's 2:37 in the morning! Jesus Christ!"

A great time for a mission! Now get dressed." He said walking out of my room. I drag myself out of bed and walk over to the bathroom and brush my teeth,I walk to the closet and pick out a pair of black skinny jeans and a gray shirt. I grab my converse and head out the door. I see Jack sitting in my couch with his feet u on my table. I scowl and push his feet down and sit in the chair across him. "We've been assigned a mission undercover," He says taking two foldersout and putting it on the table. I blink at him.

An undercover mission? Who did the agency think I was? Some newbie who needs to test out the real world?

"Why undercover?" I ask him. He frowns at me. "They said there's a school that recently opened a year ago. Some murder that happened with one of the students." This time I'm the one who's frowning.
"What school?" I ask. "Adams preparatory academy." He said mocking a British accent. I chuckle.

Hmmm. Interesting. "Sure. When do we start?" I ask. "Actually we need to head to the agency now." He said looking at his watch. I look at the clock in my wall. It read 2:32. I nod and get up. We head to the parking lot and head back to the agency.

Once we get to the agency we were taken into an office and briefed of our assignment.

"Remember your best friends that were just enrolled into this school. You come from a wealthy families. You will each be staying with a family as a foster home."
I nod at Rose, she's the director of the whole agency. She hands us both fake drivers license. I stare down at the card.
Scarlet Allan. I turn the card over in my hands. "So who are investigating?" I ask.

Rose smiles down at me. "Synthia Winters. Late daughter of Bryan and Melissa Winters. Sister of Callie Winters." I nod and mentally repeat the names in my head.

"Any where are we staying?" I ask, I couldn't help myself. I was dying to know.

"The good thing is that you'll both be neighbors and both families are very close so you should have no problem fitting in. Jack you'll be with the Drake Family and Scarlett you'll be with the Winters family. And as far as everyone else knows, you too are best friends who live in the same foster house and got a scholarship to this school."
Rose said nodding at both of us. I tired to stop my jaw from dropping.

The Winter's family?

"So when do we start?" I ask.

"We'll be taking you in tomorrow morning, you know just to get the feel of the place." Rose said.

I smiled and nodded at Jack who was smirking wildly. "I love my life," Jack said.

~

"Hello Miss Scarlett." I look up and see Miss Crawford walking towards me with my suitcase.

"As you know you'll be investigating murders at a school and since you are not allowed to bring any weapons, I've had an exceptional time making these products for you!" She said clapping.

I smiled at her. She put the lack suitcase on my desk. "This is your suitcase, it may seem ordinary, but if you unzip it you can see there is a comparison many at the bottom. You slide that open and -" she said unhooking two back larches and pulling out a black board out.

" Ta da! I thought of every weapon you might want. Knives, two pistols, and six hand grenades!" She said pointing to each item. I stared in amazement.

"Oh and this hike right n cut to the handle, just like press it two times and it will deposit checks star bullets for your pistol!" She said clapping to herself.

"This is awesome Miss Crawford, thank you!" I said and hugged her. "But wait there's more! See I've made clothes for you too! She handed me too stacks of clothes consisting of two pairs of shorts and three pairs of jeans, one dress, one sweater, two spaghetti strapped blouses and three tees shirts.

I stared again un amazement. "There are each made with thin bullet proof material, so in case you get shot, which I hope doesn't happen, at least you'll be protected!"
I hugged her and thanked her once more showing out of my apartment and finished packing everything.
A couple minutes later I went downstairs to where Jack was waiting.

"Hey there secret agent," he greeted.

"Hey there. Someone's excited."

"Are you ready for this?" He asked

"As I'll ever be." I replied.

The car came a second later and we loaded our stuff intothe car and headed off to our new homes.