Chapter 18:betrayal

I stared in horror at Chance. He was smiling sickly as he pointed a gun at Jack's head. "Scarlett, I seriously thought that you wouldn't be the dumb little agent that I thought you would be." He sneered as he pushed the gun further into Jacks head. Mu whole body was slightly shaking, my palms were sweating but remained calm. "I really thought you were a normal girl. They said I would be looking for the wolf, I mean I don't think it would be you until our date." He said, I stepped closer to them. I looked Jack in the eyes. He shook his head slightly and I returned my attention back to Chance.

"You're a damn double agent." I muttered, mentally slapping myself.
I'm so damn stupid.
"You took the device." I said. He nodded, smiling as if he was proud of himself.

"Yes. Now of you excuse me, I'm done with this whole situation so -" he looked at his watch.
He smirked at me. I felt someone come up behind me. On Instinct I elbow the guy in the stomach, stepped on his foot, I could her something crunching under my heel. I heard a loud manly grunt. I tried to run out of the room but strong arms covered my face with a rag and like a light, I was out.

****
I groaned as I pushed myself of the uncomfortable floor where I lay. I saw Jack laying down right next to me. I bent over and turned his body over. I checked his pulse and felt it beating under my touch. I drew in a deep breath, relief flooded over me.
"Jack." I whispered, lightly tapping his face. His eyes shot open and widened.
"Scar? What the hell happened?" He said jolting up. I moved back, allowing him some room to sit up. "Chance. He's a double agent." I muttered, slapping myself again mentally. He shook his head in disgust. Just before Jack opened his mouth, the door clicked open.

There I saw Chance and another girl walk in. Her face looked so familiar.
Oh my God.

It's the girl from the party, the one who I found with Jack. "Son of a -" Chance cut us off. "Knock them out." He said waving to us. Jack and I tried to stand up but we were tugged back. I looked around me.

We were chained to the damn floor.
Before I knew it I felt something hard hit my head and I was out once again.

****
I felt the cold water hit my head and splash down on my back. I gasped at the impact of the water. I looked down, I was strapped down to a wheelchair. I looked over, the girl from the party punched Jack in the face. I winced and squirmed around as I saw Jack spit out blood.

"Eyes on me princess." Chance said, placing two fingers under my chin. I winced at his touch. He smirked at me. I scooted back into the wheelchair until there was no space left.

"Now listen Princess, we need one of you wonder twins to give us self destruct missal  code for the agency." He smirks, flashing his brown eyes at me.

I snort and smiled sweetly at him. "Why?" I blurt out.

Stupid Scarlett, he's not going to tell you.

"None of your business princess." He snarls. Just then I see another figure walk in.

Once I see his face I could tell that Jack and I both did a double take.

The guy we were staring at was supposed to be dead.
~~~~~
Long time no update huh? Sorry for the random updates. I know I've been gone for three days and I'm sorry. I'm currently working on my next book though.
When this book is over I will be uploading the story. Please read it! I would really appreciate it.
Also I'm almost at four hundred read and forty votes. Crazy right?
I know that's not much compared to other stories but it's kind of a big deal to me.
But other than that, how about that cliffhanger? I didn't actually want this chapter to go in the direction it did but when I started writing I just went with it.
That's all for now. ~ ccnoelle