Chapter 9: The program

Jack

Why isn't she answering? What was she doing?

I started packing my room and clutching my phone tight. I was worried about Scarlett. When has she never answered her phone, she knows it's me. Maybe she's in trouble.
I swear if that chance did anything to her I will personally cut kick him where the sun doesn't shine!

I dialed her number again.

Nothing. 

RING RING RING!
I answered it.

"Hello?" I heard static and then two gruff voice I knew too well.

Scarlett

Okay first if all I was extremely pissed because (1) I didn't really find anything regarding Synthia (2) I was really having a fun time (3) I thought Chance was going to kiss me (4) oh did I mention we were being held at gunpoint, and (5) I knew the two psychos who were threatening to shoot us!

"Nice to see you Scarlett." Norma said, pushing me into an alley along with Chance. I looked over at Chance who was surprisingly not that scared. He edged a little closer to me. We kept a tight grip on each other's hands.If you're confused at this point basically when I was 13 I was assigned my first mission. The mission was that to stop a series of copy cat murders.

The murders of different murder scenes from the movie Pyscho. ( look it up if you don't what movie that is.) Anyways Jack and I stopped them together and put them in prison or the rest of their pathetic little lives. Until tonight happened.

They though they were so smart but I had already called Jack and he was probably calling the agency for back up. I smirked at Norma.

"Listen you can put the gun down." I turned and saw that Chance stepped closer to Norma and her partner Norman.

"What are you doing?" I hissed stepping closer to him . He just shook his head at me.
He was going to get us  killed! I grabbed at his arm and pulled him back.
"Now now Scarlett it isn't nice to shove." Norman said his mouth spreading into a smile showing off all his yellow teeth.

I shuttered at the sight of it. "And it isn't nice to murder innocent families but you still do it." I countered. That obviously hit a nerve because Norma hissed and stopped closer to me.

" Shut up!" She yelled. I kept my expression calm. But inside I was looking for all the ways I could've attacked Norma. 

"Who's your friend here?" Norma said turning towards Chance. His face was expressionless. "Not a psychopath!" I hissed. This time I really hit a nerve because she lunged at me. I spun out of the way bought to see that Chance had already knocked the gun out if Norman's hand and they we now in the ground.

Norma lunged at me again, but u had enough to time to pull out my pocket knife and stab her in the arm. She raised a hand to her arm.

"You little b-"

I kicked her in the stomach. That was enough to knock the gun out of her hand.

This time I lunged at her, now we were on the ground on top of her.

"You...little...psychopath!" I said punching her again in the face. She rolled over and now she was I top of me. I got a quick glance at Chance punching the guy in the face before a something made contact with my jaw. Once. And then twice. And now a third time. I jerked my knee so that it made contact with her stomach. She stopped punching and I used my leg to kick her off, the kick made her crash into a wall and she fell limply to the ground.

I turned to Chance who was standing next to Norman's unconscious or possibly dead body. I ran over to him and pulled him into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry." I whispered into his ear. He hugged me tighter and didn't let go.

About 20 seconds later two police cars came and a blue Ferrari which was Rose's. Jack came out if the car and hugged me so tight that I started to wince at the pain.

"Thank you." I whisper

"For what?"

"For being there." I whisper back and hugged him tighter.

Rose came out of the car and I hugged her as well. Chance came up to us. His face was all bruised and scratched for the fight.

Once he saw Rose his face instantly went pale, and so did Rose's.

"Chance?" She asked.

Oh sweet Jesus, as if my night hasn't been unpleasant enough.