Chapter 7 : A deal to end all deals

Note:
If you couldn't tell that's Chance. I'll be uploading more picture when I upload more chapters.

Since there was still twenty minute left in my Literature class I decided to scope out Synthia's locker.

"May I use the restroom?" I asked my literature teacher. I already forgot his name.That's how much I hate this hell. I mean school.After Mr. What's his face glared at me for 30 agonizing seconds he finally let me go. I turn and walk down the hall to where my locker is. I look at locker 12.

It's rusted and they paint is already chipping off. I see that there isn't any lock and slowly open it.

And first I see nothing, but just as I was about to close the locker I saw a black speck in my peripheral vision. I turn back and reach into the locker. I finally feel something small and bring it out.

It's a flash drive. I turn it over in my hands.

What was in it?

Why would Synthia leave something like this in her locker?

Could it just be something-

"Snooping isn't lady like you know."

I instantly slam the locker shut and shoved the flash drive in my pocket. I turn around and face Chance leaning in my locker grinning at me. Out of all the people why did he have to be here? I guess the Murphy's Law is correct.

"I wasn't snooping." I say mater - of - factly. He just chuckles.

"Curiosity killed the cat." He mused. Tell that to Synthia. I thought but didn't say out loud. "Well it isn't very gentlemen like to follow a girl to the bathroom." I say walking away from him. He grabs my wrist and spins me around so I'm facing him.

"This is harassment you know." I muttered as I struggled under his grip. Even though I could end easily kicked him in his jewels and ran off to class I waited for what he was going to say.

"I have a deal for you."

"Make it fast." I look everywhere except except him.

"I won't say another word about you snooping around when you're supposed be in class if you go on one date with me." He said, his tone turning from cocky to serious.
I was surprised at how determined he looked. I thought back to when I was 13. The rules for the academy were laid out in front of me before I became a full field agent.

1 All missions must be completed.
2 If you can't handle the pressure you or the COS ( committee of spies) will remove you until further notice.
3 No agent will go on a mission without a partner.
4 Date who you want, be friends who you want to be with, but never mention the work we do or we will forcefully remove them.
5 All mission are final from the COS
6 Don't die. (That's already line of obvious)

"Well?"

"Fine. One date." I say holding up my pointer finger. He smiles and then let's go of me.
"You won't be sorry! See you tomorrow Scarlett!" He said walking away. I was surprise he called me by my first name. But that still didn't mean I wasn't suspicious about him. Maybe this is a way to find out more about Synthia.

"Good. Do you know where Rory's is?" I smiled and nodded in response.

Well well, Mr. Rich boy eats at dinners? What a nice surprise.

"Cool meet me there at 7." He said waving at me.

I nodded and waved back and headed back to class.

~

"A date?" Jack asked for the millionth time. "Yes Jack, a date. Why are you so shocked? It's only a way to find out more about Synthia!" I said throwing my hands up.
"Fine. But promise me you'll bring some sort of weapon." He said.

I rolled my eyes at him even though we were in the phone. "Yes mother." I said in response.

He laughed sarcastically and we said bye to each other.

I heard a knock on my door. I walked over and opened it. To my surprise it was Callie.
"Hi." I said awkwardly.

"Hey" she said back. I opened the door wider and gesture her inside.

"So I heard you're going on a date with Chance Aria." She said.

I turned around completely shocked. How does she know that?

"The whole school basically knows, gossip travels fast when your as popular as him." She said. I nodded in surprise.

"Look, I know this is weird, but I just want to warn you to be careful. He doesn't have the best track record." She said. Wow. I was shocked and yet holy that Callie was actually talking to me. I smiled and nodded in response. As she stood up and started walking to my door I turned around. "Callie, I will find who did this. And thank you for the advice." She nodded and closed the door.

Now for the real problem of the night.

What to wear.