Chapter Twelve

I don't understand why she would hide these things from me. I had to leave, I don't want to make it about me but I've been telling her everything! I don't even know how long she's been with this person, obviously a while to be proposing. I feel like I don't even know who she is anymore, I guess that's what distance does to people.

Soon December arrives, the fall season is officially over. I feel pretty hungry so I decide to make some food. I glance at the invitation I totally forgot about. The fifteenth is coming up! I need to go shopping for this, I don't have a masquerade mask or even formal attire. I wish I could bring Willow with me but she's been very distant. I could ask Hannah but I haven't talked to her since the halloween party. I sigh, "I guess I'll go alone."

I went to multiple stores without any luck, either they were very bland or extremely expensive. I was almost about to give up, when something caught my eye. The dress was absolutely gorgeous, strapless with a sweetheart neckline. The sparkles were very reflective, it was a show stopper. The color was a delicious ruby red. What topped it off, it was in my price range. I slip into the dressing room to try it on for size. It fit like a glove, hugging my curves to perfection. The instant butterflies hit my soul, I felt so beautiful and kind of shocked myself at the same time. I never thought I could feel as gorgeous as I did in this dress. Checking out and heading next door to the costume store, for a mask. It was the perfect match to the amazing dress I picked up previously.

My class doesn't start for another two hours, so I quickly take a shower. I throw on a sweater dress and some thigh high stockings and leave my hair in its natural state to dry. I head out deciding to hit the cafe before class, ordering the usual. I settle in at my desk, noticing a new girl. Already I can tell I wont like her, she purposefully dropped her pen so she can bend over in front of Mr. Bourbon. A ping of jealousy rises, but I shove it back down.

The class drug on, the new girl was making herself well known. All the guys had their eye on her, I felt a presence sit in the vacant chair next to me. I smirk to myself, my turn to make a scene. I grab the guy's arm admiring his tattoos, I compliment how strong he is. Mr. Bourbons eyes are now on me, I see his face contort into something menacing. The guy I later learn to be Carlos, slides his hand up my thigh.

He whispers,"You're gorgeous." As I pretend to be into Carlos, Mr. Bourbon explodes. Kicking out Carlos and threatening if anyone makes a sound they will be next. For the rest of the class period it was painfully quiet.

Packing up, waiting for everyone to make their way out. I have one more trick up my sleeve, I hike up the skirt part of my dress just enough to see my red thong peek out when bending over. I copied the girl from earlier but received a hilarious reaction. Mr. Bourbon shouts in pain as he spills his hot coffee all over himself. I seductively pick up my pen and look back at him over my shoulder winking at him, with that I walk out.