Chapter Twenty

Curiosity peaks when we park out front of a bar. We head in and Theo greets a very muscular man, strangely they kind of look alike. I am dragged from my train of thought as Theo introduces me the this man.

"Aspen, I'd like you to meet my brother. Leo this is Aspen, Aspen, this is Leo." He points between us.

I reach my hand out, "hello, its nice to meet you."

Rejecting my hand, and nodding in return. I mumble under my breath "Not the friendly type I guess."

Theo and Leo walk away probably talking about their hidden affairs. I scan the bar not knowing what to do, the bartender comes over to me making small talk.

"I dont think a pretty young thing like you should be messing with brutes like them." He leans over whispering to me.

I was about to reply when Theo marched over " What did he say to you!? Why dont you mind you're own god damn business Mark!" Theo's veins popping out of his neck.

Theo takes my hand leading me to the exit, he says his goodbyes to his brother. I dont understand why he is rushing me like this.

"Don't ever talk to anyone unless I'm with you, do you understand me" he says through clinched teeth.

I roll my eyes, annoyed. " I didn't even say anything to him, he just said I shouldn't be around you guys"

"My point exactly, dont talk to anyone unless I give you permission to" he side eyes me.

I sit back with my arms crossed, I dont want to argue I am so sick of it. It's a silence car ride back to my apartment, once again dropping me off with no goodbye. I dont know if I can take the stress of dealing with his extra curricular activities.

My thumbs hover over his contact, "He is my fucking professor for god sakes, I have to end this."

Typing out everything I want to say, I reread it before I hit send. *Mr.Bourbon, I am sorry but I can't continue what we are doing it's wrong on many levels and not to mention it is stressing me out. I wish you the best and I will continue to come to class but I want to stay strictly professional.

I hit send and put my phone on the charger. I head to the kitchen, feeling a little hungry I grab a bag of popcorn and throw it in the microwave. Anxiety creeps as I wonder what Theo will say but I cant dwell over it. I sigh, grabbing the popcorn and flop on the couch trying to find something to watch. Nothing is on and I am so bored, then an ides pops in my head. The Domain.