Chapter Twentytwo

I wake up to an empty bed, I figured it would happen Theo is very strange. I walk down the stairs to the main hall, I assume he is there. I walk in and nothing, I wander into the kitchen and Theo is there cleaning up the mess of what I assume is breakfast.

He smiles but it slowly fades. "Aspen, your face..."

I touch my hand to my cheek, the memory flooding back. I haven't even looked at it yet but from his reaction it must be bad. We spend most of the day laying around, Theo tenses up as he looks at his phone.

Theo gets up retrieving his coat. " I'm sorry but I have something I need to take care of, um I'll drive you home real quick"

"Is everything alright? You seem a bit antsy." I ask a little worried.

" I just have some personal stuff I need to take care of, Alright?" He says a little snippy.

I nod my head and open the door. I'm startled as the same blonde I've seen Theo with on multiple occasions is standing there.

She pushes me aside. "Oh, so this is what your doing now? You're droping me for this?"

Theo laughs, gliding over to her " Now now, she is just leaving. I had my fun but time to get back to business."

The tears threaten to fall, they burn as I witness Theo do a complete 180. The oxygen from my lungs left leaving me breathless. How could he do this to me? Why me? What was his motive? Leaving without another word, I managed to catch a cab to my apartment.

With everything packed I left. leaving this town behind me.